Any tips Yamaha DTXplorer&Superior?

fabz

www.respawn-inc.com
Aug 24, 2004
Heidelberg/Germany
www.respawn-inc.com
Just got myself an DTXplorer Set and, Superior Drummer 2 and some mesh heads for better feeling. Got DDrum Triggers and now i wanna start recording demos... A first test was OK but blast beats and some faster stuff came out pretty shitty.

Anything i can do about it? How tight have the mesh heads to be? Are there settings for the DTXplorer Module i should use? I'm new to this whole e-drum stuff...

Thanks for your help guys!

There shouldn't be any drastic changes that need to be done on the Yamaha module. I don't have much experience with Yamaha e-drums, but I have a Roland TD-6 and while there are some options for adjusting the response of the pads, I don't think you should need to make too many adjustments to their settings. After all, most entry-level e-kits don't have any configurable settings for the pad response, and people use them with drum sims just fine.

Do you mean you have a DTXplorer interface, and mesh-heads and triggers for acoustic drums? In this case, are you sure you have the drums properly triggered?

The mesh heads can be as tight as you want, but if you're using an electric kit, you need to have them tight enough so that you'll never hit the triggers inside when hitting the heads.

What specifically does "shitty sounding" mean in this case? Do you get weak hits, missing hits, misplaced hits?

What specifically does "shitty sounding" mean in this case? Do you get weak hits, missing hits, misplaced hits?

Hey thanks for the reply. Some hits where missing but everything's good now! I got it working. The DTXplorer is a entry level Kit but you can tweak the shit out of it. It's pretty awesome for the money.

Thanks anyway!

:headbang::headbang::headbang: