Any "<<<Trance>>>" listeners here?

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
I listen to ALOT of electronic music and Trance happens to be a fair majority. I can't seem to get enough of it at times, especially when I'm in that right mood for it. It hypnotizes me, zones me out and has me fucking totally addicted to the music. So much so I GET every ounce of it that I take in. Good stuff and the beats keep me going. Good driving music, too haha.

If any, what are some of your fave Trance artists?

I like;

DJ TRANSID (I'm sure no one will know this guy, he's my fave but waay underground apparently.)

PAUL VAN DYK (has one of my fave tunes, "Naked Angel" and "Crush.")http://youtube.com/watch?v=LoItMt7caqA

ARMIN VAN BUUREN ("Communication" = possibly the finest electronic music I have heard...the buildup is quite astonishing.)http://youtube.com/watch?v=2q1VnZ90SFw&mode=related&search=

DJ TIESTO (many, many good ones...http://youtube.com/watch?v=O666kGBEvF0&mode=related&search=)

DJ YAHEL

PAUL OAKENFOLD ("This is Trance" is AMAZING!)

There are others I like as well, but this is the cream of the crop.

Psychedelic trance can be quite good when done well, some of the darker stuff is awesome. There are heaps of metal lovers in the psytrance scene over here. I put a bunch of samples up in another thread a while ago, I'll put them up here as well, see what you reckon.

PPS Project

Entropy

Claw

Haha, I actually got a response??? How could I NOT like those tracks you put up? GOOD stuff! I really dig the sounds, especially the Entropy one.

But still, as much as I love dark music usually, with Trance I like the more "dreamy pop"-styled tracks. But it's all good, really.

MAN, I'm going to upload a track from DJ TRANSID and see if you think this stuff is dark - I think it's the best trance ever and the guy isn't even well known....

Have u tried Infected Mushroom? Psychedelic trance 100&#37; the guys are flippin' nuts. There's also other good stuff like Chicane (although it's not proper trance really) and the Ministry of Sound compilations.

Tiesto sucks ass, he just mixes everything at home and is facking everything he has to do a live preformance.

I remember this one time he had to preform. He was doing his thing and it sounded great but then suddenly the music stopped and he was still faking it all with his headphones on. Everybody stopped dancing and it took him about 2 minutes to realise that his cd wasn't playing no more.

Tiesto sucks ass, he just mixes everything at home and is facking everything he has to do a live preformance.

I remember this one time he had to preform. He was doing his thing and it sounded great but then suddenly the music stopped and he was still faking it all with his headphones on. Everybody stopped dancing and it took him about 2 minutes to realise that his cd wasn't playing no more.

I agree he sucks, but how does that story you just told make him a faker? If he couldn't hear that the front of house had stopped working because he had the music going through his headphones, it's perfectly understandable that he wouldn't notice for 2 minutes.

the point is that he wasn't really doing anything himself, he was just playing his set which he mixed at home and that one stopped and he was still faking his whole mixing.

And my point was: How do you know he was faking? If the music stopped playing through the main speakers and he didn't notice because he had his headphones on, that doesn't necessarily mean he was faking it.

I love electronic music, especially the more experimental stuff, e.g. Autechre. I listen to some trance but I only listen to the more mainstream kind of stuff because it amuses me.

And my point was: How do you know he was faking? If the music stopped playing through the main speakers and he didn't notice because he had his headphones on, that doesn't necessarily mean he was faking it.

Because I was standing like 20 metres from him and had a pretty good view on his mixing tables, he wasn't doing anything

I listen to some electronic music
Infected Mushroom, The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Apoptygma Berzerk, Atari Teenage Riot to mention some

Im interested in the "dark trance" that you're describing, Alcapoth...All I know is trance fucks you up even more when your rollin'....

:loco: Oh, for SURE! I fucking love it...even worse when you're like on Acid or something. It's frighteningly crazy, hehe.

And, you guys think Tiesto sucks? He has some shit music, sure, but the ones that stick out are some of the best in Trance I say. He's not my #1 either, but he's damn good nonetheless.

The DJ TRANSID I promised;

001_dj transid - ppk-resurection wel.mp3 - 8.16MB

I thought I'd share since this guy is sooooo unknown. Damn good thing I had a friend that let me in on this stuff. Awesome buildup and niice sounds.