Electronica

Ultimate_Symphony

Rusted Angel
Jul 18, 2002
Anyone here fond of this type of music? I lean more towards the trance side of electronic music and was hoping for some ''underground'' recommendations. Here's a frame of reference of what I like:

Tiesto
BT
Paul Van Dyk
Armin Van Buuren
Sasha And Digweed
Ferry Corsten

Slick Idiot
-not so much Electronica as it is Industrial, but a slightly more Electronica feel to it then regular Industrial.this song in particular owns

also, there song FOrgive Me off of Dicknity is awesome. If you like that song, pick up the Album Dicknity deffniately @@@!!!#!@@$# Let me know yo

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as trance kinda shit goes I don't really listen past the major artists, such as the ones you listed. I'm really into IDM/ambient kinda shit though.

Panzer - The song seems nice, kind of gives that effect i'm looking for.

into IDM/ambient kinda shit though.

IDM? You got me there, what the hell is that? :lol:

Anyone into dark-electro shit? stuff like Amduscia and Hocico?

I do not know exactly what is defined as electronica but I do love electronic music in general.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftHoBOjkBJg&feature=related[/ame]
One of my favourite electronic music acts called Masugn, pretty damn obscure, weren't even any videos to be found on YouTube before Audiosurf came along.

There are a few Cylob tracks that have robotic style vocals, 'Braindance' and 'Cut The Midrange, Drop The Bass' for example. The vast majority of his material doesn't have vocals, but is excellent nonetheless.

IDM stands for Intelligent Dance Music. Horrible genre name I know, in fact most of the artists classified as it are against it, but it seems to have stuck anyway. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_dance_music

Thanks

The tag 'electronica' is as broad as 'metal', the artists you've listed are predominantly commercial house and trance, not really my area so I can't recommend anything.

I know electronica is as broad as metal, hence I asked for (obscure) trance recommendations.

Thanks for the recommendations so far, will look into those.

I recently discovered the Chemical Brothers, and they blew my fucking mind. Dig Your Own Hole has got to be one of the greatest electronic albums ever created. I'm also exploring industrial music, my favorites so far being Ministry and the Revolting Cocks.