Any underground blackmetal fans here?

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
Probably!

But i'll just start with some bands i'm listening to alot at the moment and see if anyone likes it and hope to get some new discovery's in return :)

Urfaust.

m.jpg

www.myspace.com/urfaustfans

Great band, pretty noisy, pretty atmospheric and some great recording techniques haha

I see their new cd as their best work to date!

Watain

watain.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/watainofficial

Whats to say? haha for anyone who hasn't heard story's yet or seen a show.. check the live reviews or video's!

Great liveshow and great band, soundquality on sworn to the dark isn't even half bad.

And there are 1000000's more haha

Chime in!

I'm not a fan of Black Metal.. but when we drink on fridays, my dawgs usually listen to BM haha. I know some bands they play during those parties, like Tsjuder and 1349.

Black'n Roll works very well for parties actually.

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to black/death metal history (although, I love death metal, especially the polish style :D), but is black metal the anti death metal? Most black metal people I've met have hated death metal, so it seems like they're divided up. Why?

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to black/death metal history (although, I love death metal, especially the polish style :D), but is black metal the anti death metal? Most black metal people I've met have hated death metal, so it seems like they're divided up. Why?

Well to me it seems like BM fans just think that Death is mindless, generic, muddy shredding with stupid gory lyrics while DM fans say that Black is for people who think that playing the same chord for fifteen minutes in the woods recorded on a 1 track is "evil" and that painting your face kinda like KISS is the ultimate expression of satanism.

I've gotten plenty of shit from BM guys when I played in a old-school death band.

I like both, the raw and simplistic classics from early-Darkthrone, -Mayhem, -Ulver, -Marduk etc. as well as some newer bands like Deathspell Omega, Blut aus Nord, Abigor or Negura Bunget who are pushing the boarders of a genre that became pretty stagnant.

Wouldn't call any of them underground though...

I also dig some proto black metal bands. Of course, everyone knows Venom, Celtic Frost and Bathory but bands like Sabbat (Jap) or Tormentor (Hun) have a cult following throughout the underground to this day, too.

Watain

watain.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/watainofficial

Whats to say? haha for anyone who hasn't heard story's yet or seen a show.. check the live reviews or video's!

Great liveshow and great band, soundquality on sworn to the dark isn't even half bad.

I produced that one (plus everything else Watain has done to date, plus I also try to do their live sound whenever I have the time) so I guess that also pretty much answers if I'm into black metal or not. "Isn't even half bad" feels a bit like "that girl over there isn't really all that ugly", but I choose to take it as a compliment, hehe. Cheers.

Here's some of my favourite records from this sector (skipped the obvious like Ulver, old Satyricon etc):

Antaeus - Blood Libels
Funeral Mist - Salvation
Baptism - Grim Arts of Melancholy
Behexen - My Soul For His Glory
Armagedda- Ond Spiritism - Djæfvulens Skalder LP
Absurd - Der Fünfzehnjährige Krieg
Grand Belial's Key - Koskerat
Katharsis - VVorldVVithoutEnd
Ondskapt - Dödens Evangelium
Watain - Sworn To The Dark

And of course bands like Drudkh, Hate Forest, Hades (from Norway, first 2 albums), In The Woods... , Clandestine Blaze etc. etc.

I produced that one (plus everything else Watain has done to date, plus I also try to do their live sound whenever I have the time) so I guess that also pretty much answers if I'm into black metal or not. "Isn't even half bad" feels a bit like "that girl over there isn't really all that ugly", but I choose to take it as a compliment, hehe. Cheers.

Sworn to the Dark is a great album.:headbang: Songs and production. I especially like the way the vox sound on that album. Wouldn't mind knowing what guitar and bass rigs were used on it either.....

...my band has a lot of black metal sound in it. and we are definitely underground. :lol: So yes, big BM fan here. I listen to a ton of it. Averse Sefira at this moment.

Hey man!

Good to see you on this forum!

Hahaha, i can see as to why it seems like a bit of a half assed compliment!
But i actually used it as a reference for another blackmetal band i produced ( Lugubre http://www.box.net/shared/c5fn3kbc0f ), i realy like the production alot man.
It was more in the sarcastic sense as in "for the useall bm productions its not even THAT bad" ;)