Any word on Saxon US tour?

devilridesout

Oct 1, 2005
I have been patient, but it seems like Saxon may be pulling the same shi* they pulled last November. If they were going to reschedule the US tour for May I wish they would have told someone about it by now. This last minute thing is getting old. It's not like I can take 3 days off to drive to Cincinnati or something on one day notice. C'mon US promoter (and SAXON), GET WITH IT!

Hey,
That's a bit harsh isn't it?
It isn't as easy as the band making a couple of calls and booking the next flight to come to the States. A lot of planning takes place for a band to come overseas to tour.

Unfortunately, Saxon have had to cancel their last two tours.

I know there were at least 2 times since LIONHEART came out that a show at House of Blues in Chicago was scheduled and canceled.

Be patient. When the time is right, they will come!

....And when they come, it will be gallons!

Patience, my Septic friends, I'm sure the band are chomping at the bit to "ride the silver eagle" again and play out there. Any fuckups won't be down to the band, they can't do all the business side and play and everything, and right about now they are blowing the doors off a venue in Manchester......

Patience!? How much longer do we have to wait? The venue in new york that saxon cancelled from is filling up with crappy shows, May is a few days away.

uh, don`t count on Saxon coming to the US anytime soon. Maybe next winter at best.

MercyfulFate said:
Patience!? How much longer do we have to wait? The venue in new york that saxon cancelled from is filling up with crappy shows, May is a few days away.

Exactly Mercyful Fate, we've been waiting a long time... how about TWO YEARS. They've about given up on trying to come back to the US. How is it harsh when they go all over the world but not the US? They'll go to Fuc*ing France Italy and Switzerland but not the US??? Whatever. I guess UTB will be the last Saxon CD and subsequent tour I'll ever be a part of since these guys have apparently given up on making any reasonable effort to organize a tour in the states. I am starting to understand why Dawson and Oliver left if these guys exhibit attitudes like this. I know there's money involved, but there's just as many fans in the US. For God sakes, one of their biggest hits of all time was written about Dallas and they can't even tour here!!!

Yeah, it must be sooooooo easy for anyone to just breeze into the US and play some gigs, I mean, they will be stamped at Customs and waved through, being rockstars and all. And they will be able to bring all their backline through as handluggage, never mind the fact it's all the wrong voltage to use over there. Why don't they drive, like they would when touring the US? Isn't there a Euro-US under-ocean tunnel yet?
Obviously they are soooooo rich they don't want to sell any LPs in the US, after all it's only a pissy little market and they only do this as a part-time hobby.......

Don't be such a gang of pricks, if you can suddenly dislike a band because they can't just turn up and play over there, you need to wait till your nuts emerge and you sprout little bristles round your weenies, then you will be mature enough to understand.

Anyway this has been discussed to death before on here........

TheAssMaster said:
Yeah, it must be sooooooo easy for anyone to just breeze into the US and play some gigs, I mean, they will be stamped at Customs and waved through, being rockstars and all. And they will be able to bring all their backline through as handluggage, never mind the fact it's all the wrong voltage to use over there. Why don't they drive, like they would when touring the US? Isn't there a Euro-US under-ocean tunnel yet?
Obviously they are soooooo rich they don't want to sell any LPs in the US, after all it's only a pissy little market and they only do this as a part-time hobby.......

Don't be such a gang of pricks, if you can suddenly dislike a band because they can't just turn up and play over there, you need to wait till your nuts emerge and you sprout little bristles round your weenies, then you will be mature enough to understand.

They didn't do this with their 1980's and 1990s tours.

TheAssMaster said:

Suddenly dislike? They've been pulling this cancelling tour shi* over here since Metalhead.

TheAssMaster said:

Suddenly dislike? They've been pulling this cancelling tour shi* over here since Metalhead.

Hey Assbreath,keep your mouth shut for once.Saxon wont come to the US because they dont want to,plain and simple.It is not that difficult to come here.Some bands set for shows this summer include Deep Purple,Robin Trower,Scorpions,and the Michael Schenker Group.This past year I have seen Krokus,UFO,Whitesnake and Judas Priest.Who is the weenie now you ignorant fool.

Give me one, just one, solid reason why any band wouldn't want to go to a country where they speak the same(ish) language, the people are generally friendly, and where there is a fanbase they have visited before, which is eager to see them? A country where even walk-up sales, and the resultant CD sales, could be significant, and where getting airplay on a local radio station would give more exposure than a national rock show over here in the UK? Just ONE real reason, not just "they don't wanna" (typed with your bottom lip sticking out like a fucking 5-yr old).
Now I don't know the actual reason, but there is no doubt in my mind that it is a genuine reason, not just that they don't give a fuck about it. Mentioning other bands you have seen lately has fuck all to do with it, every band, every person entering the States is different. Once upon a time, back in the 80's you could almost bullshit your way into the US by just turning up at the airport, today is a different ballgame - think back hard now all you Merkans, maybe try to catch up on International news......(Hint, that's to do with those blobby landmasses round the globe AND your fine country)
As has been said before on here, there are many many reasons why US Immigration might decide to turn people away at the airport, for example, if someone has EVER been arrested etc, and that's what they decide when you get there. Trying to sort out paperwork in advance is even harder, a real minefield. Maybe the band don't have the right people working to sort out their paperwork, but, getting rid of them might be tricky - it could be someone's wife/girlfriend/brother, I don't know.

Not that I want to get drawn into a slanging match with our Transatlantic friends, but you really need to understand the universe doesn't revolve around you, your country is harder to get into than erm, something which is very hard to get into, at the best of times, even for those of us that WANT to come and visit you. Perhaps we can have your names and addresses and you can sponsor our visa applications?

Toodle pip!

TheAssMaster said:
Give me one, just one, solid reason why any band wouldn't want to go to a country where they speak the same(ish) language, the people are generally friendly, and where there is a fanbase they have visited before, which is eager to see them? A country where even walk-up sales, and the resultant CD sales, could be significant, and where getting airplay on a local radio station would give more exposure than a national rock show over here in the UK? Just ONE real reason, not just "they don't wanna" (typed with your bottom lip sticking out like a fucking 5-yr old).
Now I don't know the actual reason, but there is no doubt in my mind that it is a genuine reason, not just that they don't give a fuck about it. Mentioning other bands you have seen lately has fuck all to do with it, every band, every person entering the States is different. Once upon a time, back in the 80's you could almost bullshit your way into the US by just turning up at the airport, today is a different ballgame - think back hard now all you Merkans, maybe try to catch up on International news......(Hint, that's to do with those blobby landmasses round the globe AND your fine country)
As has been said before on here, there are many many reasons why US Immigration might decide to turn people away at the airport, for example, if someone has EVER been arrested etc, and that's what they decide when you get there. Trying to sort out paperwork in advance is even harder, a real minefield. Maybe the band don't have the right people working to sort out their paperwork, but, getting rid of them might be tricky - it could be someone's wife/girlfriend/brother, I don't know.

Not that I want to get drawn into a slanging match with our Transatlantic friends, but you really need to understand the universe doesn't revolve around you, your country is harder to get into than erm, something which is very hard to get into, at the best of times, even for those of us that WANT to come and visit you. Perhaps we can have your names and addresses and you can sponsor our visa applications?

Toodle pip!

Only one thing to say, like the last poster said, even Schenker can tour here and hes from Germany and hes broke and he managed to play some dates, so there really shouldn't be an excuse. But I'm glad you can enjoy Saxon there in England 'cause we sure as hell can't get 'em to come here.

hah, that was one ignorant fool with the big yellow font. So many bands from outside the US have come within the past few months, but Saxon can't? I don't hate the band, I'm just angry they can't take the time out to perform here.

Coommon guys, don't start a World War Part 3 because of this ok! ??? And of course the USA fans dont hate Saxon or their music.. quit clear to me...they just wanne see their favorite band..but really that visa problem there in the USA is not Kinderspiel.... In the Netherlands we have an actor that was given a role in a movie with Tom Cruise and his papers werent ok in time because of government lazy people..(!) so he could put that job where the sun dont shine..another one in the USA got it..So its a very difficult thing to get it ok...First I thought bullshit with management, etc,..but USA government is very carefull these days but lazy too, wheter that is right or wrong.... doesnt matter.. I hope for the USA fans that they get what they crave for! See what comes! And in the time you wait get the eagle has landed part 3 and DVD so evryone gets a little bit warmed up for the real USA concerts... OK?

any word on a US tour,,

yes, the word is "nothing"

i think the US/Canadian fans have been right patient considering the original tourdates were to be exactly 1 year ago this May. Biffs personal situation was a very good reason, but considering theyve been touring everywhere else since that original tour was cancelled tells me that its time they make the trek or say upfront that they cant do it. and to say it takes time to plan the shows??? 10 months to plan 6 dates is a bit much i think.

I am not interested in name calling.However when Assbrains started with the weenie shit it got me going.Pete Way from UFO is not allowed in the US,but that did not stop the band from touring here the last two years.What gets me is the lack of info from the Saxon people.If they said wait till next winter then I would happily wait.But we keep expecting an announcement about US dates and it is dissapointing that has not happened.