Anybody from the Philippines here?

Master Ritch

Hellspawn
Apr 4, 2002
Visit site
anybody from the Philippines here? I know the philippine metal scene sucks right now, but before, there's alot of good metal bands around. Bands like Backdraft, Dahong Palay, Deceased, Wolfgang, and some death metal bands like Death after Birth, Kabaong ni Kamatayan, Solitude, Iconoclast, Dethrone and a lot more.

Hey Ritch....well the members are still around but i guess rumblebelly would be hard pressed to get it back together again since the original drummer...and now the bassist left.....the two remaining members are working to form a new group....

that's sad news! i really like them. how about KNK and DAB? what kind of music are you into? do like death metal? what bands do you like? I personally like DM but i actually like everything that is metal except for Rap Metal or NU metal. i like System of a Down though!

Well...thanks....that's how things go so we better just adapt...

Paul and the rest of KNK are still around...haven't personally seen em though but i heard they're still active in the metal circuit playing technical death...

DAB...well...last time i talked to their vocalist (Michael) was that's they're still together though their gigs are sparse too....

Hmmm...my personal preference is also metal....but i'd go for anything that induces hemmoriods...hehehehe...basta mabigat...ok!....but the thing i cannot like not matter how much i try to listen to it is ....classic, black and grindcore....can't seem to get the hang of it...;)

I knew it! you are one of them! I thought you just like the name. I bet you're Alvin right? Its an honor to talk to you!!! Your vocals are awesomem, man(that's if you are Alvin). Its too bad i never saw you guys live. I visited your website, but i think you're not updating it. Anyways, I met the guys from Skrewheads when I was in LA and they have a new band called SIXTY-THREE. They're more into hardcore now ala HateBreed. And I talk to this guy from Marikina (the death metal capital of the Philippines) and he said the guys from Thanatopsy are now into Underground Hip-hop. :rolleyes: I don't know if its true.

What happened to LA 105? that station used to kickass. I remember when you guys where interviewed by the DOCTOR and it was so cool. How can I get a hold of your songs? I love LUHANG DUGO :headbang: .....

Its nice to see you around!

....... sa kabilang anyo ng buhay..........

yep....i am him...hehehehe....thanks man...sure appreciate u knowing us....:D

Well....all of us are very busy right now....we tried to ressurect rumblebelly once but things are different with the new members....so we decided to give it a rest once and for all and start afresh....

LA?....u from LA?...i sometimes go there eh....Skrewheads?...sina Alvin and Allan?...how r they...do u know how i can get in touch with them?

Thanatopsy?....well...haven't heard from them in ages but i think ur right that they have indeed switched musical genres

LA105 sold out....it sucked.....they're now playing bubblegum pop sh!t....tsk tsk....we mourn for that loss....

if u want our songs, i can gladly send u mp3 copies of all of them....problem is ur mailbox should be large enough to store at least 6 mb files...

just tell me if ur interested ok?....btw, where r u now?

He he he...yeah true....we had 2 demos done already...unfortunately our bassist officially left the band na....so i guess that's that....it's over....so me and the guitarist are the only 2 remaining members of rumblebelly....together with the new drummer....we'll be forming a new band....metal pa rin...but we have already agreed to take everything to a new direction....just watch out for it...i'll keep u guys posted if you want.:)

Yeah move on but just don't sell out. By the way sent you a link to a flash animation with some mascot singing to Cannibal Corpse, did you get it--that was already sometime ago. I thought that was funny as hell LOL!
Man, you've only sent me 3 mp3s. I've got Anino, Pagdurusa and Biktima. When will you send me the rest? You can upload them through my FTP accountif it's OK with you.

hahaha...selling out is farthest from our minds right now...we play what we want because we love it and not because of money or some sh!t like that...*LOL*

Anyways...yeah...i almost forgot...heheheh....anyways....cleaned up my PC kasi eh....email me again in 2 weeks time so that i can send the 2 others....(armageddon - an old song...and luhang dugo)

Another Pinoy metalhead here. Hey guys, any news on any gigs? The last time I saw local metal bands was September last year, it was titled Metalfest but the gig was cut short coz the skin of te bass drum got messed up and they didn't have a replacement. What're you guys listening to these days?

Alvin, didn't you sing for that industrial metal band that released a major label album back in 2000?

Oh yeah, right now I'm in my "rediscovering death metal phase". I just got Entombed's "Left Hand Path", Morbid Angel's "Altars of Madness" and "Blessed are the Sick" from the mail (from the end records ofcourse). I'm also heavily into Cryptopsy's "None So Vile", Krisiun's "Conquerors of Armageddon" and "Ageless Venomous" cds.

My all time favorites include Opeth, Immortal, In Flames, Darkthrone, Morbid Angel, Carcass, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest et al.

I think there's nothin happening to the Metal scene in the Philippines, if it still exists. I'm glad however that there are still true metalheads who use their hard earned cash to buy metal CDs. Now listening to Meshuggah - Nothing, Portal - demo and Tool - LAteralus.
All time favorites are: Cynic, Pain Of Salvation, Dream Theater, Carcass, Gorefest early era, CC.

Alvinbakal...yep...dats me...band's name is firstdegree...we plan to release a follow up to that pero do-it-urself na.....we got dropped by that major label coz we didn't make money for them....heheheheh....anyways...the new sound is heavier and more "meaty"....we already gave 2 new cuts to the local station....i dunno if they'll play that though...

Metal scene in the philippines sucks....'nuff said

current and all time faves ko?....: hatebreed, otep, chimaira, atreyu, fear factory, brujeria, sepultura (max cavalera days), slayer (reign in blood era), earth crisis, ill-nino, unleashed, deicide, cannibal corpse (pulverized days), carcass, hmmmm....and more...:D

hey rumblebelly! thanks for the info, and im glad to see you here. if its ok to you, can u pls. send me naman some of your songs. i'll PM you about my email ok. i was in the philippines few months ago, september to december. metal scene is pretty ok, kids are more into the hardcore/nu metal shit. but now i'm back here again in the US.

my all-time and current faves...
Morbid Angel
Opeth
Slayer
PanterA
Emperor
Sepultura (old)
Down
Dissection
Dying Fetus
Deicide
Suffocation
Carcass
and a lot more.....

here are few filipino bands that i like.....
Wolfgang
Juan dela Cruz
Skychurch
Rumblebelly(heheheh)
Kabaong ni Kamatayan
Dahong Palay(what happened to these guys?)
Death after Birth
Dethrone

hey guys!guess whose back from the dead? this is marc anthony h bertone from ICONOCLAST...Alvin, how's your kid? Anyway, ICONOCLAST is based in houston now, And I reformed it like 2 yrs ago. check out the official site, <a href="http://www.iconoclastmusic.net">www.iconoclastmusic.net</a> I got some new songs on there, if you're doom fans, you'll love it(stay true man!) anyway if you all see this please check out the site, sign my guestbook so I'll know who was on it.thanks.nice to hear from old school people again....

Hey man! Its nice to see you around here. Are you the same Iconoclast who did the awesome 'Nevermore' from the '....sa kabilang anyo ng buhay....'? Its cool that you reform back again. i'll check out your site.