Anybody have any opinions on these monitors?

I have no experience with them, but the first thing I'd ask is whether those funky cones are a gimmic, because if they are so good i'm not sure why other manufacturers haven't used them. However, I do own fostex monitors, and they are very good, and tight as a badgers arse in the low end.

Joe

Yeah its got 2 or 3 different things in it that are Fostex's own little designs. Ive got a chance to get the 6.5" woofer pair at a decent price so im curious is anybody else has any opinions?

The only thing that worries me is that a review said the midrange is a little pronounced.

I'm wondering why the frequency response goes as high as 40 kHz if the human ear can't detect anything higher than 20k at best?

well we can't detect anything higher than 20k however theres still those frequencies present in real life, we may not percieve them physically, but they may be there sub consciously/in harmonics as such

Dosen't give much advantage to having them floating about during a mix though, kinda strange they would go that high regardless.

Im skeptical about these.

probably incidental. I doubt they spent time getting flat frequency response up there, it just happens to have happened due to the design and the marketing guys went apeshit over it

There are heaps of monitors, including mastering grade monitors that go above 20KHz, so I wouldn't sweat it.