Studio Monitors

You'll find mixed opinions of each and every monitor out there if you insist on trusting the internet. The general consensus is that the HS80 are solid monitors for the money, and I still stand by that statement after getting rid of mine 8 months ago, but the only way you can make up your mind is trying different monitors and seeing what you like. Too harsh to listen to? I really can't understand that comment. I find A7's harsh and can't stand the upper mid range on them. The HS80's are a bit too smooth for me if anything, but they translate well.

hs80 are great but it's not the first time that people had problems with those, they cost not that much for a reason.
My pair still have a little problem: one of the pair has a problem with notes from 10khz and on-> if you play a high pitched piano note it distorts a tiny bit.
I'm not the only one having this problem, anyway if full blasted you can't hear my problem, it happens at very low volume.

hs80 are great but it's not the first time that people had problems with those, they cost not that much for a reason.
My pair still have a little problem: one of the pair has a problem with notes from 10khz and on-> if you play a high pitched piano note it distorts a tiny bit.
I'm not the only one having this problem, anyway if full blasted you can't hear my problem, it happens at very low volume.

That shouldn't happen, you have a defective unit. If there's warranty left, you should be able to exchange it right away.

That shouldn't happen, you have a defective unit. If there's warranty left, you should be able to exchange it right away.

I know that's a defective I even reported this to the forum!
Most of the people even on hear won't hear the problem anyway, I'm pretty anal about this stuff.
I was able to send it to repair and the people claimed it was a ok, send it another time and got back sounding the same.
Remember it happens just at very very low levels.

I know that's a defective I even reported this to the forum!
Most of the people even on hear won't hear the problem anyway, I'm pretty anal about this stuff.
I was able to send it to repair and the people claimed it was a ok, send it another time and got back sounding the same.
Remember it happens just at very very low levels.

Reason why having speakers that are too powerful, in some cases isn't good.
That's one of the reasons i'm hesitating between 5" or 8"