good 'all round' monitors

Not used the Genelec's but I have a set of HS50's and have used the Rokit 6's (the old version though) pretty extensively.

The Yamaha's are awesome. When I move into a bigger room and get some treatment in I'll likely upgrade to the 80's.

I have been using some old KRK Rokit 5's for years and amazingly enough they have always seemed to translate to the 'real-world' pretty well. My setup is far less than ideal, but it works for me right now. Being small monitors, it can be hard to figure out what's happening in the low end.

I was tossing up what to get in that price range also and it came between the HS80M's or MSP5's, I think ill go for the MSP's when ive got the money. They are said to be much more accurate with a "flatter" responce while the HS series are very "rich" and good for all round listening.

I was tossing up what to get in that price range also and it came between the HS80M's or MSP5's, I think ill go for the MSP's when ive got the money. They are said to be much more accurate with a "flatter" responce while the HS series are very "rich" and good for all round listening.

ahh i see. well i will be using them for both recording and all round listening, so i think the hs80s will be better suited to me :).
thanks for the reply broseph

jam