Anybody seen the new Austin Powers movie?

A friend of mine had seen Austin Powers 2 at a sneak preview. She got all exited, like "OMG, you got to watch this movie, it's hillarious, the whole movie theater was screaming with laughter bla bla." So I went to see it.

What a waste of time and money!:bah:

Yeah, but since you're in Germany, the Germans (like many other countries) voice-over all movies in their own language, that way EVERY movie sucks... Just imagine Austin Powers with a German voice-over, :rolleyes:... well, probably quite hilarious, but in the wrong way...

Well, in big cities like Hamburg or Berlin you got plenty of opportunities to watch movies in the original version (which I do quite a lot). Don't remember if Austin Powers was in German or English, but what does it matter...the movie sucked either way. A steaming pile of horseshit, if you ask me :lol:

Actually, when you grow up with movies that have been dubbed into German or some other language, you don't really think about that stuff. I mean, dubbed movies are all you've ever known so you don't know better. I think the fact that we are not forced to watch movies in the original English version explains why there are so many people in this country that speak really bad English (or no English at all) ;)

I guess for you it must be pretty hard to imagine a Dutch-speaking Rambo or Robocop or whatever:lol:

But again, I'd say it all depends on what you're used to.

I saw brotherhood of wolf the other day, a french movie dubbed over in english and i have to say that picked some appaling voices to play the main characters and it really affected the movie, it was good but i have a feeling if i understood french and saw it in the language it would be better

and joy of grief, go to the reichstag and get my fucking girlfriend, shes being a plonker :)