Anyone Been Fucked by the Long Dick of the Law?* (*from Superbad)

Jurched

Ask&YoullBeSorry
May 10, 2005
Calais, Maine (not France)
I"m confused as to how our so-called "justice system" works. So maybe some of you hooligans have been Fucked by The Long Dick of The Law* and understand it better. (*That's from Superbad, its not mine.)

So, a friend of mine was arrested just about a year ago after he took out a dozen credit cards in his brother's name, racked em up, had the bills diverted to a PO box, and got violent when confronted. He was charged with identity theft, larceny, mail fraud, and assault.

He disappeared after being charged, but I check the state superior court website to see how his case is progressing. Now, his case file reads, Next Court date: and has a date of just about 30 days later. And every month, the date advances another month. After six months, the file read he entered pleas of "Not Guilty" to eleven charges. Almost a year later, I noticed his pleas to two felonies changed to "Guilty" but the others, which are Misdemeanors, are still "Not Guilty." Looks like a few charges were dropped.

Now, I realise that his case might take a while to put together since a dozen credit card companies are involved trying to recover the tens of thousands he spent on total shit, but why's this shit taking a whole year?

I mean, does he really appear in court every single month? Or is it just a court query on the status of the case, and they automatically advance the next query to the next month?

Whatever happened to the right to a speedy trial? Seems kinda fucked up to me.

Jurched

The funny coincidence is that I JUST have watched Superbad.

I was afraid that the very punchline of the movie would be that the two losers would turn gay and start sucking each other's cocks. Not that there wouldn't have been hints, drawing dicks and stuff.

Sorry for the off topic, I had nothing else or more to say.

I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to him. He was pissed off at me when I refused to let him crash at my place after he was forcibly removed from his parent's house by the cops and released into the streets without a job or a home. I mean, he robbed and attacked his own family, and now he wants to crash with me and my family? "Yeah, right." I'm afraid he's the kind of guy who victimizes only people he knows. Acts grateful, gets comfy, and then starts going ape-shit.

After leaving 400 messages on my voicemail on how he wants to kill himself because nobody's helping him out, his last message to me was "Gimme a ride to the psych ward at the hospital, and you'll never have to hear from me again."

Greatttt. If I was gonna help him out, I'd at least prefer to remain friends and keep in touch. But to give him a lift just to never hear from him again? Psssht! Bull shit! I'll save meself gas and time.

He's got another court date tomorrow. Its only 10 days after the last one, so maybe they'll move his case forward.

Jurched

See? This drama was dragged out a whole year, but once I bitched about it on Billy's forum, it was resolved within a week! My friend was convicted of 2nd degree larceny and 2nd degree identity theft.

He was sentenced to five years imprisonment but it was suspended and he was given five years' probation. I don't know what that means. Also, all records of his misdemeanors have vanished, so I presume those five odd charges were dropped. That's a wrap, I guess.

Jurched