Anyone book their hotel yet?

dtmetalfan69

Southside Rocker
Mar 23, 2005
Chitown IL
I know that the Best Western is sold out already, but I just booked with the Atlanta Marriot Courtyard. Has anyone stayed there? Is it nice?

They are charging 130 a night plus tax. It was almost 320 dollars for two nights when I booked and it is almost a mile from the venue.

Anyone else???

Just in case you missed it on facebook, The Artmore/formerly the Best Western Granada Suites (exclusive for ProgPower attendees!) is indeed sold-out.

For your convenience, below is a list of hotels near the venue (Center Stage Atlanta):

The Artmore Hotel (formerly Granada Suites)
1302 W Peachtree St NW
Atlanta, GA 30309-2902
Phone: (404) 876-6100
Distance from venue: 0.1 mile

Best Western Inn at the Peachtrees
330 W Peachtree St NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
Phone: (404) 577-6970
Distance from venue: 2.5 mile

Marriott Midtown
35 14th St NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
Phone: (404) 876-8888
Distance from venue: 0.4 mile

Residence Inn Midtown/17th St.
1365 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
Phone: (404) 745-1000
Distance from venue: 0.1 mile

Atlanta Marriott Courtyard
1132 Techwood Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30318
Phone: (404) 607-1112
Distance from venue: 0.8 mile

Super 8
1641 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
Phone: (404) 873-5731
Distance from venue: 0.5 mile

Also, some people have had luck with finding lodging in Midtown or Atlantic Station on vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner)
http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/georgia/atlanta-central-southern/atlanta

~Jen

I stay at the Super 8 that's about a mile out every year. You get what you pay for, it is a Super 8 after all. However, it's clean and comfortable and has free breakfast. The walk's not that awful either, even for a fatty like me.

I'm not going to make a reservation until I have my tickets though.

Already made my reservation at the Artmore while I was still at PP USA last year. Hope they don't eff up my reservation this year like they did last year! :mad:

This is exactly why I am not staying at the Artmore this year. I have stayed there the past three years, and they have always managed to mess something up. Either double charge me, lose my reservation, or whatever. I have never been to the hotel I have a reservation at now. I would stay at the residence, but it is a bit too pricey for me cause I am travelling alone as of now. The Super 8 double charged me again and it took me months to get them to refund my money. I was not about to deal with that disaster again.

I was just curious if anyone had heard of the hotel I booked for this year, the Atlanta Marriot Courtyard. It is a little less than a mile from the venue, but they are only charging me 130 a night.

We'll be staying at the Melia Atlanta. It's the old Renaissance Hotel.
As always I've used Priceline so I paid a lot less than the regular rates (Total I'm paying less for 3 nights than the ridiculous $350/n the website now lists)

I'll always recommend people check out Priceline Name Your Own Price. If you're 100% sure you're going and don't mind staying a mile away from the venue, you can save a lot. Check out Better Bidding if you don't want to go in completely blind. I've stayed at the Georgian Terrace, Hotel Indigo, and Hotel Midtown. Hotel Midtown was pretty crappy but I went a lower half a star than I usually like to go to save some extra money. Really like the other two, especially the Georgian.

I was just curious if anyone had heard of the hotel I booked for this year, the Atlanta Marriot Courtyard. It is a little less than a mile from the venue, but they are only charging me 130 a night.

Since the 14th Street bridge has been rebuilt, it is a very viable hotel. The nice thing now is that it is near the Silver Skillet, which is very worth going to.

As always I've used Priceline so I paid a lot less than the regular rates (Total I'm paying less for 3 nights than the ridiculous $350/n the website now lists)

I might need to give that a try. My finances isn't what it used to be.

I'll always recommend people check out Priceline Name Your Own Price. If you're 100% sure you're going and don't mind staying a mile away from the venue, you can save a lot. Check out Better Bidding if you don't want to go in completely blind. I've stayed at the Georgian Terrace, Hotel Indigo, and Hotel Midtown. Hotel Midtown was pretty crappy but I went a lower half a star than I usually like to go to save some extra money. Really like the other two, especially the Georgian.

I stayed at the Midtown a couple years ago. It wasn't a bad hotel, tho it does show its age a bit. Plus, some of the bands were staying there. (DSO most notable.)

I know that the Best Western is sold out already, but I just booked with the Atlanta Marriot Courtyard. Has anyone stayed there? Is it nice?

They are charging 130 a night plus tax. It was almost 320 dollars for two nights when I booked and it is almost a mile from the venue.

Anyone else???

You mean the one on 14th street? I stayed there last year and paid about what you're paying. It is very luxurious, 4-star experience. The hotel rooms are basically fully furnished apartments (but nicer). You'll pay out the nose for everything. Don't even bother with the in-hotel restaurant: for breakfast you can hop down to the Finagle-a-bagel that's next door, and if you head north there's plenty of full-service places for lunch, all of which are still cheaper than the hotel.

I stayed at the Midtown a couple years ago. It wasn't a bad hotel, tho it does show its age a bit. Plus, some of the bands were staying there. (DSO most notable.)

Yeah, it wasn't horrible. The carpets in the hallway and rooms should have been replaced years ago which made the hotel feel dirtier than it probably was. The bed was fine. The biggest issue was the room doors wouldn't shut all the way if you left them to close on their own (like most hotel rooms doors do). Luckily we spotted this right away but I saw more than one room's door ajar during our stay.
Had I paid the regular price I probably would have been more annoyed. Good location though. Right between Vortex and Gladys Knight's Chicken & Waffles.

I'll always recommend people check out Priceline Name Your Own Price. If you're 100% sure you're going and don't mind staying a mile away from the venue, you can save a lot.

I totally agree! For those interested, here are some instructions that may help:

Check out http://www.biddingfortravel.com (similar to betterbidding.com)

Scroll down to the middle of the page until you see the hotels listed by states, and click Georgia - Atlanta

(There's no need to log-in or register)

Scroll down and you'll see ATLANTA HOTELS LIST

Here, people "cheat" by listing on this forum what hotel they got for what price when they bid/won on priceline.com's name your own price. This gives you an idea of how much to bid for a room on priceline.com. You want an idea of how much b/c you can only place one bid every 24 hours on priceline.

Click this link to see the hotels listed for Atlanta by district:
http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/topic/15172/ATLANTA-HOTELS-LIST

This is a "cheat" list b/c it takes the surprise out of not knowing at all which hotel you will end up with when you place your (non-refundable) bid on priceline.com You will have a pretty good idea of the 1-3 hotels that you will end up with.

Look for the Midtown Atlanta Area. They are listed in alphabetical order by district:

4 Star
(none at this time)

3.5 Star
Georgia Tech Hotel
W Atlanta Midtown (formerly Sheraton Midtown Colony Square) (may be a 4* now)
Marriott Atlanta Midtown Suites
The Georgian Terrace LINK TO HOTEL REVIEW

3 Star
Courtyard Atlanta Midtown
Hotel Indigo
Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown
Hotel Midtown (formerly Wyndham Midtown)

2 Star
Holiday Inn Express
Fairfield Inn & Suites Midtown

You can click on the name of the hotel to be automatically routed to their website to see what the hotel looks like to make sure that you like it.

When/if you're ready, go to www.priceline.com and on their homepage, scroll down until you see the "Name your own price" on the bottom left and click there.

Put in Atlanta, the dates, and how many rooms, then the green "bid now"

Select the Midtown district by clicking the box.

Then scroll down and select your star level.

Then put in how much you want to pay in the orange box per room.

~Jen

You mean the one on 14th street? I stayed there last year and paid about what you're paying. It is very luxurious, 4-star experience. The hotel rooms are basically fully furnished apartments (but nicer). You'll pay out the nose for everything. Don't even bother with the in-hotel restaurant: for breakfast you can hop down to the Finagle-a-bagel that's next door, and if you head north there's plenty of full-service places for lunch, all of which are still cheaper than the hotel.

No, I mean the one on Techwood Drive. I called the one on 14th street, and the cheapest they had there was 425 a night. I will try the residence and see how much they are.

Thanks for all the feedback!!!