Anyone else come home sick?

It's starting to be a tradition. It's not an awesome Prog Power unless you come home sick! Or at least so it seems. I got sick right after I got back...and I'm over it too now. Good thing..cause I think I have a date tonight!

Coldie

Ugghh.. I feel like a corpse. :zombie:

I thought it was allergies when I first got back, but now it's definately a cold. Glad to know I'm not in this alone...

~Sh0k~

((@ COLDIE: p.s. sorry for reposting after ya coldie.. I reworked my post and made a new one before I saw you had posted... ))

Well, thankfully I didn't get the dreaded ProgPower Plague but damn was I exhausted and didn't get my voice back for 5 days! Of course, I also added on an extra concert by seeing Nightwish in New York Sunday night. 4 nights of metal and I was whipped! (Can't wait to do it again!):headbang:

How was the concert in New York? What was the audience response like?
Nightwish was unbelievably fantastic in NY especially considering they played 3 shows in 3 night and barely had time to adjust to the time change. Also heard that Tarja was actually sick.
Lamour was unbearably crowded and HOT. No way were they at code with that crowd! There was no room to move at all. I got a spot and stayed there; couldn't go to the bar, restroom or anything. Gotta give everyone credit for staying cool-headed in a tough situation.
The crowd went nuts for NW, chanting between each warm-up band. It was great watching the expressions on the band members' faces. I don't think they had any idea they were going to get that kind of reception. They seemed to really regret having to leave the stage but the heat and fatigue was taking it's toll. You could tell they were tired though it didn't show at all during the songs. The set list was basically the same as in Atlanta and they did manage to do 2 encores.
They HAVE to book bigger places when they come back.

nwa1.jpg

Coldfire Mouse said:
sh0k says:
((@ COLDIE: p.s. sorry for reposting after ya coldie.. I reworked my post and made a new one before I saw you had posted... ))

Not a Prob Sh0k...just hurry up and get better soon will ya!

Coldie
Thanks Coldie! *sniff cough sneeze* I would have thought I'd be better by now, having the weekend to recover, but it's still hanging on with a death grip :( How's everyone else? I noticed our symptoms have been following similar paths... Anyone else feel like this thing is never going to end?

~Sh0k~

I'm still firmly in this things grip. Let's see, Tuesday-Sunday....6 days. I slept a lot this weekend too. Thought that would help if I caught up on my rest. I'll give it a few more days then I'm off to the doc. *achoo*

Wow, that's really weird. All the people I went to PP with and stayed with at the hotel got sick, and my boyfriend got sick right after the concert. I'm just now getting sick though. I wonder how come it took a while to catch up with me?

The place was a meat locker on Saurday!! About 60 degrees I would say-and I love AC! Hope the bands weren't affected. Next year put the controls on "Winter Breeze" instead of "Polar Cap"-please.

Oooooooh my gooooodness, I am STILL sick! Tuesday to Tuesday so far - maybe I ought to see the doc? I've been getting better, but not fast enough! I still have a sore throat, lots of congestion, and I think I'm moving into "the cough" :ill: *whimpers* For some odd reason, it kinda helps knowing that I'm not the only one suffering... more like, helps to know that I'm afflicted with some strange virus from the jungles of Godknowswhere :lol:

~Sh0k~

If you're getting a cough that sounds like fluid in your lungs you should see a doc. Also most OTC medications suggest seeing a doctor if symptoms persist for more than seven days. Hope you get to feeling better.

Aethyr said:
If you're getting a cough that sounds like fluid in your lungs you should see a doc. Also most OTC medications suggest seeing a doctor if symptoms persist for more than seven days. Hope you get to feeling better.
Thank you for the advice! The more people that tell me I should see a doc, the mroe likely I'll be convinced that I'm not crazy! :lol: *cough cough cough* I'm not as sick as I was a week ago, but a few symptoms are still hanging on. I'm able to function just fine at work and such so I thought it was allergies that started up and the cold is gone... but it's also not just allergies. :ill:

~Sh0k~

Well I'm glad you're feeling better! I would've been one of the lucky ones that escaped the cold if my bf hadn't caught it. I ended up catching it from him a few days ago. Luckily it's not bad. I just have some congestion and a scratchy throat.

It is entirely possibly that your congestion is from the allergies and the cough is left over from the cold. If you keep that cough for very long you should get professional help, because you wouldn't want it to develop into pneumonia. It can easily be cleared up with some prescription strength cough syrup that contains codeine.

Don't worry, you're not crazy. :)

Well I finally recovered 100% this weekend. 11 days total. I'm definately taking my vitamins before PPV. How is everyone else doing? Did you stay sick as long as I did? I'd like to know if it's the particular cold virus or if it was my individual result.

~Sh0k~