Anyone else, sick and tired of lists?

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
I just read about the 100 greatest guitarists list- ugh, except for Ry Cooder, and Allman- it sucks. I for one am sick and tired of lists and polls, and that includes the many polls on this site- anyone getting tired of this. Why do we feel the need to rank everything- music is to effusive to be be ranked

speed said:
I just read about the 100 greatest guitarists list- ugh, except for Ry Cooder, and Allman- it sucks. I for one am sick and tired of lists and polls, and that includes the many polls on this site- anyone getting tired of this. Why do we feel the need to rank everything- music is to effusive to be be ranked
I have gotten a little "tired" of these polls & lists, I have grown sick of even my threads that I have started on the "oldschool." I was talking to a couple of buds from UM over the last week & the agree with me that this site appears to be in somewhat of a rut as of late. Don't get me wrong, THIS IS THE place to be, but things are kind of redundant around here right now....
I participate in some polls, but like you I have seen way too many around here lately....

speed said:
I got tired of them a long long time ago.. Gets kinda annoying on the message boards - what is your favorite guitarist, or what is your favorite band, or what is your top 10 songs, and you don't get to have any sort of discussion except for: "<insert here> sucks, wtf are you talking about? No, he doesn't!!" etc.