Sick and tired of metal bands

Edward Yawn

New Metal Member
Sep 14, 2005
Under your bed
Why is it that every single time a metal band releases a new album, it's always the same usual crap:

"This is the sickest, heaviest and most brutal album we have ever done!"

"This album blows away anything we have ever done before!"

Why is it that every single metal album is supposed to be more BRUTAL, more SICK and HEAVIER than the previous?

Why is heavy metal a contest of who can be the heaviest and most brutal?

I am getting sick and tired of metal bands and the crap they keep feeding their fans whenever they release a new album. Some of them sound like desperate salesmen.

Edward Yawn said:
Why is it that every single time a metal band releases a new album, it's always the same usual crap:

Why is it that every single metal album is supposed to be more BRUTAL, more SICK and HEAVIER than the previous?

I am getting sick and tired of metal bands and the crap they keep feeding their fans whenever they release a new album. Some of them sound like desperate salesmen.

Heavy is good and all, but the bottom line is a good song.

Although there are some bands that can say these things... most metal band all sound the same..... like POP Metal.

do you care about the marketing or about the songs?

i don´t give a damn about how they advertise it, i have to listen to know if i like it or not.

and i tell you no lie... i work on advertising myself.

They advertise that way because the first question everyone asks is "is this album going to be heavier than the last one?".

Edward Yawn said:

You have a point, I´ve found those two "descriptions" annoying too.

In this regard King Diamond is the WORST of the WORST.

Mysteriously every single new album he makes is ALWAYS more "brutal" and always "better" than the previous. Every single new album he makes is always the "best" he has ever done.

And beginning with the "Voodoo" album from 1998 he even started mastering his own albums! What kind of self-respecting artist would master his own music? He is too poor to send his mix to a real mastering engineer. His last album "The Puppetmaster" was recorded in his !!! OWN HOUSE !!! because he could not afford going into a real studio. No wonder that album sounds like JUNK.

The man is a joke.

Edward Yawn said:
In this regard King Diamond is the WORST of the WORST.

Mysteriously every single new album he makes is ALWAYS more "brutal" and always "better" than the previous. Every single new album he makes is always the "best" he has ever done.

And beginning with the "Voodoo" album from 1998 he even started mastering his own albums! What kind of self-respecting artist would master his own music? He is too poor to send his mix to a real mastering engineer. His last album "The Puppetmaster" was recorded in his !!! OWN HOUSE !!! because he could not afford going into a real studio. No wonder that album sounds like JUNK.

The man is a joke.

OUCH!! Johnnieczech is NOT going to like this little rant

MyHatred said:
OUCH!! Johnnieczech is NOT going to like this little rant

Why? Is he a King Diamond worshipper?

I did not say anything that is not true.

It is TRUE that King Diamond sounds like a desperate salesman whenever he releases a new album.

It is also TRUE that starting from "Voodoo" King Diamond has been mastering his own albums, with very bad results.

And finally it is TRUE that King Diamond's last album was recorded in his own house and that the sound quality is 100% junk compared to "Fatal Portrait" which was recorded and mixed in analog in a professional studio.

I don't know if he is a King Diamond worshipper but I know he is a fan of him. It doesn't matter to me because I have never really dug K.D.'s stuff anyway. The high pitched singing is too hokey for me

shit half the stuff you hear nowdays is recorded or some part recorded in a persons house. it's called computers. and you can get really good recording programs and do it very inexpensive. now the thing is you have to know what you are doing with the stuff to get it to sound good. i was recently in a recording studio and besides the one sound booth and the 2 computers they don't use any of the other stuff anymore. the huge board and all the decks are just old relics now. with that said i am pleased to announce that my new cd will be the heaviest and most brutal thing i have ever rocorded and, i don't even play metal. :headbang:

Edward Yawn said:

I'm extremely tired of this. It's been going on for the past 10-14 years and it's old. I like heavy music just as much as the next fan but whatever happend to just good, old straight up hard rock?

Edward Yawn said:

Probably because saying "This is the most traditional, least heavy album we have ever done" will result in no one buying the album

Because "To be honest, our last album was way better than this" is also unlikely to guarantee CD sales

a) Because they want to sell CDs. If these claims didnt sell CDs, they wouldnt make them.

a) I kind of see your point, but at the end of the day, if people want cool pop hooks or nice melodies, they buy pop music.

a) Don't listen to the hype then. Musicians want to sell their music, and get t heard. If you want honesty, ask someone who didn't create the music. there are plenty of independant review sites nowdays - www.live4metal.com being one!

Not flaming, just saying ;)

Gee, and doesn't it seem that the more praise they get they worse they suck?
I'm lookin' at any CD a major mainstream metal magazine called "The Best of 200X."
One last thing, it makes me even more angry when a CD or player is hailed as a metal savior. Metal doesn't need to be "saved." Metal never has needed to be saved, and never will.