What is the HEAVIEST CD/ Album of all time?

Why does heavy=fast? To me heavy music means something slower like slower like Crowbar. I'm not arguing your choices, just a thought.

I don't really know about the heaviest album (Maybe Far Beyond Driven...), but to me the heaviest song ever is Bury Me In Smoke by Down.
I agree, to me the heaviest Metallica song is The Thing That Should Not Be. I also equate heavy with violent, God Hates Us All is the most hate-filled violent album I've ever heard, to me that's heavy.

Will all due respect Johnnie give me a break. inaccurate notes? That song was played exactly how they wanted it.I was written in the late 80's. You should go listen to more Suffocation songs, they are some of the best and most technical and brutal of any death metal band in history. They are considered innovators and most modern day Death metal bands look up to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX-6xvZwqSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PATEO4Uomk

I have to say his playing on these two is pretty good, I just don't like the drums on the first track you posted. You're right than in the 80's, the approach to playing drums was different than later.

I agree it is one of the best albums ever made for extreme music. But I still don't think it's that 'heavy'. It is certainly aggresive and rules but it's not one I would consider 'heavy'.

I disagree.

It's so heavy I can't even lift it ;-)

Slayer's 'Reign In Blood' is better than any Death Metal but it's not that heavy.

old, but still heavy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry lads.

You don't get any heavier than this utterly black, brutal bastard of an album by Metal's sexiest and most amazing forefather. Haters can hate but you can't deny the power of Julio.

JulioIglesias-Divorcio.jpg

Unleashed - Shadows In The Deep. Both song and album.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an interesting question, specifically because we've all got different definitions of "heavy".

For example, in my opinion South of Heaven is heavier than Reign in Blood. In this case I'm equating heavy to be more of full impact substance rather than unadulterated speed (though both have their places!)

With something like this, certain tracks from different bands typically come to mind for me rather than a full album by a specific band. Death Church by Machine Head is a complete bulldozer. Thing... by Metallica. For sheer and utter chaotic brutality how about Twisted By Torture by Sadistik Exekution? I think Primal Concrete Sledge by Pantera can get a little nod, as do Lamb of God with Walk with Me in Hell.

Good topic!

This is an interesting question, specifically because we've all got different definitions of "heavy".

For example, in my opinion South of Heaven is heavier than Reign in Blood. In this case I'm equating heavy to be more of full impact substance rather than unadulterated speed (though both have their places!)

With something like this, certain tracks from different bands typically come to mind for me rather than a full album by a specific band. Death Church by Machine Head is a complete bulldozer. Thing... by Metallica. For sheer and utter chaotic brutality how about Twisted By Torture by Sadistik Exekution? I think Primal Concrete Sledge by Pantera can get a little nod, as do Lamb of God with Walk with Me in Hell.

Good topic!

im very impressed u know sadistik,saw them once live and they put on one hell of a show.