Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer is the heaviest album of all time

Profanity

The Post Master
Jul 3, 2003
Manchester, England, UK
This album is just pure sonic heaviness from start to finish.

The album doesn't start off softly. "Computer God" is a very energetic intro to the album with dominating ear piercing guitars with some of the heaviest riffery ever and Dio proves that his voice is suitable for such a heavy sound. Then we have a slower song which makes the loud .guitar sound more dominating. Track 3 "TV Crimes" is the most energetic song on the album but the loud guitar sound is reduced by the fast pace of the song. Tracks 4-7 are all energetic with a loud distinctive dominating guitar sound matched with suitable vocals. We then have a break from the heaviness with Too Late which is preparing you for the heaviest song on the album. "I" is skull crushingly heavy and will make your ears bleed. Pretty much in the same style as the rest of the album, what makes this song so heavy is the way the guitars dominate after lyrics like "I smash your face in". I'd even go as far as to say that "I" was the heaviest song of all time.

What do you think? and if you don't think it's the heaviest album of all time then please give a suitable reason and an album which is heavier.

ps - Please don't respond to this message if you've never heard this album and only associate Sabbath with Ozzy and 70's Rock.

It is an excellent album and indeed is one of Black Sabbath's most heavy sounding releases. It's, sadly, very underrated.
I'm happy to say I got to see them live on that tour and it was an awesome performance.

And for the guy above that dared so that Electric Wizard is heavier..........that's utter BLASPHEMY!