Heaviest song ever?

~Neurotica said:
Just listened to Crown Of Horns from None So Vile and really found there some guitar sound that you'd suppose to call gay. Sounds like chaotic heavy metal or something from old stuff...
But I dunno if its so bad....

I'm talking about the guitar sound in newer cryptopsy. The production, guitar tone, and drum tone on NSV is great.

None So Vile is the only cryptopsy I like along with blasphemy made flesh.

The Greys said:
I'm talking about the guitar sound in newer cryptopsy. The production, guitar tone, and drum tone on NSV is great.

None So Vile is the only cryptopsy I like along with blasphemy made flesh.

Yeah, thats why I couldnt understand why you were talking about some shit in their music. I missed you said "newer album". But I have only NSV album.
I'll get newer one to see though.

Billenzimmer said:
Right then boys and girls, after several wasted conversations with several different friends on this topic, I put it to you, the good people of the UM community, to come up with the heaviest song of all time.
However, I don't simply mean the fastest or the most distorted, I mean truly heavy, the kind of thing that would stop a stampede of elephants dead in its tracks. For instance, a couple that immediately spring to my mind are the grinding Sandblasted Skin by Pantera and the main hook of Mastodon's March of The Fire Ants. Something that is unavoidably heavy but doesn't sound like shit, basically. Answers on a stamped addressed envelope....

Love this topic, riffs and songs that feel like they are crushing your ribcage RULE... A few that come to mind follow:

"Intoxicated" OBITUARY - the riff at the end is UNBELIEVABLY heavy and headbang worthy at the same time....

The first song on "Sickly Private" by ECTOPIA. Don't know the name of the song, and am not even sure about the name of the CD cause it was a burn, but it is incredibly heavy....

This is a cheap copout, but just about any song on "Cause of Death" by OBITUARY could qualify on this list...

"Diabolical Possession" BELPHEGOR

"Grotesque Devourment" DISGORGE (mex) - the riff that starts at 0:55 WILL crush your skull.....

"Disciples of Blasphemous Reprisal" or "Shadows of the Ancient Empire" INCANTATION

"Pixie" PIG DESTROYER

"The Gate of Nanna" THESYRE cover of the BEHERIT tune. Yes, it is a cover, which by definition can't be "better" than the original, but the riff that starts at about 2:45, with its heavily distorted bass, is INCREDIBLY heavy...

Mike

the heaviest song ive ever heard is crown of horns by cryptopsy....and it is fucking amazing!

zim18 said:
the heaviest song ive ever heard is crown of horns by cryptopsy....and it is fucking amazing!

I dunno if its the heaviest one, but the song is definitely good.

Hahahahaha, constipated? Come on, ender, you're destroying the conception of the serious man's rage.
Its Jens Kidman.
I was kidding about "hot". - I just find that picture good. Its from their concert.