Heaviest song ever?

Billenzimmer

Jan 19, 2006
Right then boys and girls, after several wasted conversations with several different friends on this topic, I put it to you, the good people of the UM community, to come up with the heaviest song of all time.
However, I don't simply mean the fastest or the most distorted, I mean truly heavy, the kind of thing that would stop a stampede of elephants dead in its tracks. For instance, a couple that immediately spring to my mind are the grinding Sandblasted Skin by Pantera and the main hook of Mastodon's March of The Fire Ants. Something that is unavoidably heavy but doesn't sound like shit, basically. Answers on a stamped addressed envelope....

Of course i'll get bashed, but i think a lot of Meshuggah songs are the heaviest songs i've heard. Things like I, or Future Breed Machine. Some other songs i think are very heavy:

Esoteric - Dissident
Strapping Young Lad - Oh My Fucking God
Nevermore - Poison Godmachine
Darkane - Convicted
Decapitated - Winds Of Creation

Non-metal songs i think are fucking heavy:
Megaptera - Cathacombs
MZ 412 - NBS Act I - Begravning
Elend - The Umbersun
Propergol - Outburst
Giacinto Scelsi - Konx-Om-Pax
Kryzstoff Penderecki - Threnody For The Victims Of Hiroshima

Evoken: chime the centuries end,tragedy eternal,lost kingdom of darkness
Cathedral: phantasmagoria
a funeral request,pictures of beauty & innocence (intro)-commiserating the celebration,halo of fire,the voyage of the homeless sapien,congregation of sorcerers,night of the seagulls,golden blood. Cathedral is some of the heavist music during the 90's so i'm not going to list more songs.
Theatre of Tragedy: bring forth ye shadow
Candlemass-demons gate,the well of souls,through the infinity halls of death, dark are the veils of death,a tale of creation,bewitched,mourners lament.
mourner's lament,a tale of creation,etc..
Solitude Aeturnus: idis,seeds of the desolate,the 9th day: awakening,falling,lament
My Dying Bride: symphonaire infernus et spera empyrium
Esoteric-dissident
Tiamat-visionaire
Edge of Sanity-crimson

ender7227 said:
Oh lord you have to be joking

I'll second that. I know not everyone is going to agree on bands and genres, but come on, I've crapped out things that are heavier than avenged sevenfold.