Heaviest song ever?

cookiecutter said:
Mumblefood, everyone of your posts laments how you will be bashed and how you hate arguing with metalheads. When you do that, people will bash you.

you haven't seen his posts on the Opeth forum.

I have heard it said that Ace Of Spades by Motorhead is the heaviest you can get without messing around with amps and effects.....

ender7227 said:
And the people who said that would be wrong
Good song but it's not that heavy
Why does messing around with the sound effect heaviness?

It's true, I was avoiding the fact that the guy who said it, although being a good musician, has about as much metalness running through his body as is in my little finger (and he's a tall guy). How's about Pantera covering Hole In The Sky?

Doomcifer said:
uuhm...a lot of you guys misplace HEAVY with brutality.

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

Excellent choice. Also, Candlemass- The Well of Souls.

Doomcifer said:
uuhm...a lot of you guys misplace HEAVY with brutality.

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Indeed.

Most doom is very heavy. Like Black Sabbath here and Thoth-Amon mentioned Candlemass. I'll add Reverend Bizarre to that list (my recent obsession).

The Greys said:
Evoken: chime the centuries end,tragedy eternal,lost kingdom of darkness
Cathedral: phantasmagoria
a funeral request,pictures of beauty & innocence (intro)-commiserating the celebration,halo of fire,the voyage of the homeless sapien,congregation of sorcerers,night of the seagulls,golden blood. Cathedral is some of the heavist music during the 90's so i'm not going to list more songs.

Theatre of Tragedy: bring forth ye shadow
Candlemass-demons gate,the well of souls,through the infinity halls of death, dark are the veils of death,a tale of creation,bewitched,mourners lament.
mourner's lament,a tale of creation,etc..
Solitude Aeturnus: idis,seeds of the desolate,the 9th day: awakening,falling,lament
My Dying Bride: symphonaire infernus et spera empyrium
Esoteric-dissident
Tiamat-visionaire
Edge of Sanity-crimson

Finally, some love for my man Lee. Respect, Greys, respect. :headbang: