Pantera's Heaviest Album?

Couldn't skill be evaluated if there was a standard set? Say, take 5 pieces that each player didn't already know and have them learn them and evaluate how close each player gets to actually playing the pieces correctly. It's sorta like in classical, how you have some people who can play the pieces and they are in the orchestra, and then you have people who tried out, but can't play the stuff accurately or correctly and based on their skill level, do not get to be in the orchestra.

It seems pretty simple.

That can sometimes be the case, absolutely. It may actually be the case most of the time, but not everytime. For example is's just as difficult to play an extrememly difficult classical piece as it is to play like T.J. Helmerich, however Helmerich is an 8 finger tapper where you play classical purely fingerstyle. BOth very different.

As far as Dime's skill goes there are plenty of guys who can play his stuff though. He's not that great if you want to be technical.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=98y0Q7nLGWk

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vom0qNmzFSs

Both totally different yet extremely difficult to play & not comparable. Whoever said children & Esteban play classical clearly does not get the big picture. Children also play Dimebag solos ;) That girl has likely been working on that piece for years & years (& years) & that is not the kind of classical that 7 year olds play.

To get even more specific I doubt the classical girl could play Domebag solos with a a plectrum (although she has the patience to be able to learn) yet the other guy would be able to play them using his only his pinkie (on both hands) :worship:

I see you had your mind all made up you group of
Pitiful liars. before I woke to face the day, your master
Plan transpired. -something told me- this job had more to
Meet the eye. my song is not believed? my words some-
What deceiving? now Im unwhole.
Youve waged a war of nerves
But you cant crush the kingdom
Cant be what your idols are. cant leave the scar.
You cry for compensation. I ask you please just give us...
5 minutes alone
I read your eyes, your mind was made up. you took me for
A fool. you used complexion of my skin for a counter
Rascist tool. -you cant burn me- Ive spilled my guts out
In the past. taken advantage of because you know where
Ive come [from]. my past.
5 minutes alone

I see you had your mind all made up you group of
Pitiful liars. before I woke to face the day, your master
Plan transpired. -something told me- this job had more to
Meet the eye. my song is not believed? my words some-
What deceiving? now Im unwhole.
5 minutes alone
I read your eyes, your mind was made up. you took me for
A fool. you used complexion of my skin for a counter
Rascist tool. -you cant burn me- Ive spilled my guts out
In the past. taken advantage of because you know where
Ive come [from]. my past.
5 minutes alone

wow, that proved nothing

Pantera's heaviest album is probably Far Beyond Driven, especially the first song. Pantera aren't really very heavy compared to the heaviest bands out there, or even the average death metal band.

Spoken for the truth. My man grinder. Pantera 3 Watch it go is the ULTIMATE metal dvd. Destroying hotel rooms, smoking bongs, drinking heavily (puking heavily), popping pimples off of some dudes ass the size of a golf ball...
you can't watch that video and NOT want to party afterwards.

:headbang:

If Pantera is the essence of metal, then I don't like metal.

On another note, you fucking suck.

i guess this is the reason... anyway, you must be happy just listening black metal

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how you posted that to make a point, yet plenty of the songs in that compilation are far better than Pantera and Bodybag Darrel ever was.

You see, I don't even care much for Pantera, yet I think it's fucked up to shit on a dead man's grave. Say he was overrated due to his death & leave it at that. He wasn't a shitty guitarist, just not all he's cracked up to be.

Now, when I was putting my neighbhor's Pantera albums through my wood chipper, I noticed that vulgar display of power weighed a little more than the rest.

Trendkill is the heaviest but Cowboys from Hell is my favorite. Dimebag Darrell shreds all over that cd.

I think it's fucked up to shit on a dead man's grave.
dimebag_anal.jpg

Death to false icons, etc. Have we learned nothing from death metal? Death isn't sacred, it shouldn't earn any privileges. He was definitely an above average guitarist, but as I said before he dealt entirely in lowest common denominator moron metal and (on good days) fun and mindless entertainment. Get over it, don't turn him into a martyr.

I never said I even liked him that much. He's aight at best. Not great, not complete crap. Certainly not hero worship worthy. You're right that death shouldn't earn you any extra privleges, but it shouldn't be used as a reason to shit on someone either.

I think you just have a naturally negative antagonistic view on things. Mind telling us your age? You don't have to if you don't want to, I'm just wondering. Don't say that your age has nothing to do with any of this either, because maybe it doesn't, but just maybe it has everything to do with your views. As people age they naturally progress both physicall & mentally.

I never said I even liked him that much. He's aight at best. Not great, not complete crap. Certainly not hero worship worthy. You're right that death shouldn't earn you any extra privleges, but it shouldn't be used as a reason to shit on someone either.

I think you just have a naturally negative antagonistic view on things. Mind telling us your age? You don't have to if you don't want to, I'm just wondering. Don't say that your age has nothing to do with any of this either, because maybe it doesn't, but just maybe it has everything to do with your views. As people age they naturally progress both physicall & mentally.
I was responding more to the general implied sentiment rather than your specific comment. Also I see you have a tendency to take the ad hominem route pretty quickly in a lot of conversations; might want to cut back on that if you want people to bother conversing with you.