The heaviest albums of all time

Wicked Innocence - Omnipotence,Worship
Cephalic Carnage - Exploiting Dysfunction,Conforming To Abnormality
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve
Ion Dissonance - Breathing Is Irrelevent

I don't think I should explain why to someone that put Mortician in there list and I can not take you serious either.

dude, heaviness isn't synonymous with talent or skill. Mortician may be crap, but they are fucking heavy. The music they write is by nature very heavy, and their production makes it sonically even more so. If you're saying Mortician aren't heavy just because they're a crap band, then you're the one who shouldn't be taken seriously.

You can get Mortician's guitar tone with a Crate combo amp and a distortion,fuzz pedal maxed out. That is not heavy I am sorry.

SculptedCold said:
dude, heaviness isn't synonymous with talent or skill. Mortician may be crap, but they are fucking heavy. The music they write is by nature very heavy, and their production makes it sonically even more so. If you're saying Mortician aren't heavy just because they're a crap band, then you're the one who shouldn't be taken seriously.

Dude, don't bother arguing with folks that hate Mortician, might as well bang your head against the wall.

Living Inside said:
Wicked Innocence - Omnipotence,Worship
Cephalic Carnage - Exploiting Dysfunction,Conforming To Abnormality
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve
Ion Dissonance - Breathing Is Irrelevent

I don't think I should explain why to someone that put Mortician in there list and I can not take you serious either.
Are you Prelude To Dementia from the RR boards?

Ministry- Psalm 69
Suffocation- Pierced From Within
Black Sabbath- Master of Reality
Sodom- Agent Orange/ Tapping the Vein
Gorguts- The Erosion of Sanity
Sinister- Hate
Megadeth- Peace Sells...
Judas Priest- Painkiller
Gamma Ray- Powerplant

Don't know if many people bother with them, but I think most of Brujeria's stuff is about as heavy as it gets. There's also the whole genre of sludge metal with bands like Eyehategod and Crowbar and others that are influenced by Black Sabbath type heaviness.

Only one person mentioned Endtyme by Cathedral? Wow.

Machine Head - The More Things Change
Fear Factory - Demanufacture
Godsmack - Awake
Hatebreed - Perseverance

Those four albums are pretty skull-crushing.

Master Of Reality takes it, though.

That's tough to say. I don't know if I would consider this the most "heavy" but definitely the most "intense:"

Accept - "Metal Heart"

There are certainly more dark or more thrashy, but as far as "grind your teeth and make you want to go run over to your next door neighbor's house and kick his ass just because you feel like doing that" type of metal, that oldschool release is that intense.

Bryant