Anyone else sick and fucking tired of...

Vienyard

Arrogant Dickhead
Sep 5, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.epicureanmetal.com
....the music business's reaction to a possible US vs Iraq war? I'm so tired of reading metal news (i.e. Blabbermouth) and seeing what Joe Schmo from Band X thinks about Bush and the foreign policy.

I know, I know, just skip it and read something else, right?

But it still irks me. I really could give a fuck what Ginger thinks, or Serj, or Durst, Mille from Kreator, or whothefuckever. I use music as an escape from the real world, not to have it as this constant nagging reminder that everything sucks and we're all gonna die. Unless I'm listening to Sentenced, of course.:lol:

I guess this thread didnt come out quite like I had hoped, but its just so tiring to hear about. It almost feels like its getting shoved down my throat.

If it bothers these fucks so much, be a goddamn activist or something. Dont just sit and whine. Do something about it. At least Morello and Serj do that. I personally dont have any real tangible political leanings or opinions on the subject at hand, but again, at least those 2 do something instead of bitch, bitch, bitch like so many others.

That Billy Milano/Serj and Tom Morello battle was hilarious :lol: anyway I feel your pain, fuckin' politics drive me mad :mad:

Yeah, I'll give you that. Anytime Billy Milano wants to argue, I listen, even if he's being a complete imbecile (see the issue he has w/Metal Sludge and Scott Ian). That guy cracks me up, no matter how foolish he can be. He does make complete sense from time to time though, IMO.

Anyone writing a song about how Wiggers are the death of all that is sacred has the right idea.

Originally posted by Vienyard
....the music business's reaction to a possible US vs Iraq war? I'm so tired of reading metal news (i.e. Blabbermouth) and seeing what Joe Schmo from Band X thinks about Bush and the foreign policy.

But it still irks me. I really could give a fuck what Ginger thinks, or Serj, or Durst, Mille from Kreator, or whothefuckever. I use music as an escape from the real world, not to have it as this constant nagging reminder that everything sucks and we're all gonna die. Unless I'm listening to Sentenced, of course.:lol:

I guess this thread didnt come out quite like I had hoped, but its just so tiring to hear about. It almost feels like its getting shoved down my throat.

If it bothers these fucks so much, be a goddamn activist or something. Dont just sit and whine. Do something about it. At least Morello and Serj do that. I personally dont have any real tangible political leanings or opinions on the subject at hand, but again, at least those 2 do something instead of bitch, bitch, bitch like so many others.

Agreed. Then again I don't like RATM or SOAD, so it's cool. They can bitch and complain in their mansions about how bad the US is. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'll give you that. Anytime Billy Milano wants to argue, I listen, even if he's being a complete imbecile (see the issue he has w/Metal Sludge and Scott Ian). That guy cracks me up, no matter how foolish he can be. He does make complete sense from time to time though, IMO.

hehe yeah. The argument he had with Serj the last time he made some pretty good points :lol:

Originally posted by Furious B
Agreed. Then again I don't like RATM or SOAD, so it's cool. They can bitch and complain in their mansions about how bad the US is. :rolleyes:
YUP. Kind of like when Babs Streisand said "if Bush wins the presidential election I'm leaving the country." She never did.

I just can't stand Hollywood assholes who bitch and moan and never do anything besides complain about how bad this country is, but never do anything to change it. I may disagree with Sean Penn, but at least that guy went to Iraq, his opinion is at least substantiated.

Originally posted by Vienyard

I agree. I am getting quite tired of hearing all of these guys in bands getting on their soapbox...I personally don't give two shits what political views these musicians have. I also don't think it's exactly "news" either and Blabbermouth needs to realize this.

IT angers me because they think simply because they are celebrities and have seen the world that they know more about foreign policy than me and about whats going on.

Sorry, Sheryl Crow, but you dont know jack shit.

it angers me more the fact that Tony Blair is gonna be on a talk show on MTV to tell the youth why attacking Iraq is necessary

Originally posted by manuelgv
it angers me more the fact that Tony Blair is gonna be on a talk show on MTV to tell the youth why attacking Iraq is necessary

then don't watch it if it bothers you so much. but yeah, it is pretty stupid.

Originally posted by Soul_Schizm
I see. But it's okay for Janine Garafalo to show up and tell you what to do?

--S

that flaming cunt annoys the fuck out of me.

here is the problem i see. people arent being informed by people with all the facts. they are being informed by people with an opinion and a means to voice that opinion through mass media. and although thats their right, and i fully support them cuz i would do it too, but they arent letting people make their own decissions. and i'm sure they arent trying to sway people to their side, but thats just the way it happens. i think tony blair coming on is a good thing, cuz all these musicians are speaking out but they dont know the whole story, tony blair does.
~gR~

Yeah, my beef is along the lines of what some other people have mentioned, namely Triumphant Apostle.

Rocker's opinions on war does not qualify as NEWS and thats what bothers me more than anything. Everybody having an opinion is fine....great, grand, wonderful even, but me having to hear about it because its "newsworthy" is a trite gay.

How bout they make it news when a guy from a band gets deployed on a military mission or something like that? Now that would be newsworthy. Not "I hate Bush and we're all gonna fuckin' fry if he attacks Iraq".

Stick to your guitar, pal.

I can't see the show because they are not gonna air it here
and didn't see the Garofalo show either
I don't pay attention when celebrities or idiots talk about this war