Sick and Tired:

There is nothing wrong with R2R with the exception of system and a few other songs, overall a solid album if not for the production.
It's STYE that I have a problem with.
You thought you could move the melodic parts to the electronics and think people wouldn't care:erk:
With that gone the music actually being performed can be played be a total begining guitarist bar a few songs (ISFI and a few other fast ones).

I find it highly amusing (at least amusing enough to keep me up at 2am and eventually get me to post about it) that this board and the Children Of Bodom board (and who knows which other boards) are so full of threads that tear the bands down (i.e. "COB/IF have gone nu-metal, which sucks, and they used to be an amazing band") and equally full of threads that defend them (i.e. "anyone who attacks COB/IF on their own forum is a fucking moron"). Yes, i'm saying that all of this is both hilarious (to an outsider at least, even if i kind of like both those bands) and very immature (calling people fucking morons just koz they believe a band has gone down the drain? Come on!). Where i come from, there aren't endless waves of such threads. Maybe you guys should learn from that.

And, to give in to the temptation of replying to that last post, melody can be moved to electronics without fucking up the sound (just look at Dark Tranquillity).

Over.

UndoControl said:
I find it highly amusing (at least amusing enough to keep me up at 2am and eventually get me to post about it) that this board and the Children Of Bodom board (and who knows which other boards) are so full of threads that tear the bands down (i.e. "COB/IF have gone nu-metal, which sucks, and they used to be an amazing band") and equally full of threads that defend them (i.e. "anyone who attacks COB/IF on their own forum is a fucking moron"). Yes, i'm saying that all of this is both hilarious (to an outsider at least, even if i kind of like both those bands) and very immature (calling people fucking morons just koz they believe a band has gone down the drain? Come on!). Where i come from, there aren't endless waves of such threads. Maybe you guys should learn from that.

And, to give in to the temptation of replying to that last post, melody can be moved to electronics without fucking up the sound (just look at Dark Tranquillity).

Over.

Now you know why Soilwork shut down their forum here about a year ago. It was nothing but bashing the new albums. It didn't help that people were posting links to the new MP3s and there were no moderators stopping them.

UndoControl said:
So this forum is likely to be shut down?

No, this forum in not official, the old official forum was shutdown long ago for the same reasons ... bashing and trolling, and honestly i cant blame them, some people are not mature enough to post in a public forum, and they ruin it for everybody else

Well, 'official' is just a name, what people say in it is the same whether it's official or not. I really do find this forum and COB's forum very sad compared to others i've been to (namely Novembre's and Dark Tranquillity's).

That's because you werent arround when the old official forums were online, it was almost as cool as the DT one, but then the bashing and insults came to a point where there was no point in having a forum, so In Flames decided to end it, the admin of ultimatemetal then decided to create this one, but since its not linked in any way to any in flames page this one is dead...there are in flames forums on the net that are way more active than this one

You could try bringing over all the guys at HailMetal. Maybe more members would bring this to life.

Or you could go over to DT's forum. Half the day it's empty (i'm usually the only one there) and half the day it gets quite a few posts. Every day. And people are nice. And smart. And there's me. ;)