R2r and CC > STYE

I agree with the opinion that Come Clarity has great replay value - in that respect it's become my favourite In Flames album, and for a whole number of reasons. They're concentrating on better, more meaningful song-writing, melodies and technical proficiency - they're on a totally new level now. The old stuff just can't compare.

Online there's a divide between In Flames fans - those who hate the way they're evolving and those who prefer it. I do count myself in the latter but I must admit I'm perplexed by the banal bitterness of those who harp on about how much better the earlier albums were.

Worldwide - in the real world, that is - In Flames' following is inexorably becoming bigger and bigger, which is not a bad thing. They haven't "sold out" but are constantly improving, getting better, reaching more people and giving their best all the time. People move on, bands develop and mature - you'll see the same thing in most enduring bands - everything changes, just a fact of life. I'm enjoying what they're doing now and look forward to their new work.

I love the new albums but dont agree that there new albums are better, i respect your opinion though, i mean i can see why you can like the albums alot cuz there great.

I agree with the opinion that Come Clarity has great replay value - in that respect it's become my favourite In Flames album, and for a whole number of reasons. They're concentrating on better, more meaningful song-writing, melodies and technical proficiency - they're on a totally new level now. The old stuff just can't compare.

:lol:

i'm kinda in between on the subject. i like the riffs on the old shit better, but the new vocals. clayman is by far the best album, but for me STYE is second. it's the album that introduced me to In Flames. shit just read my signature. that and My Sweet Shadow r the best songs on that cd.

for me the list is

1. Whoracle-this is one of the few cds i can listen to over and over
2. Clayman-the first in flames song i heard(pinball map)is on this album and i've been a fan ever since
3. Colony
4. Jester Race- it has some of the best songs out of the In Flames catalogue, it just never struck me as a whole though
5.Reroute to Remain-a change in direction but still good
6.Soundtrack to Your Escape
7.Come Clarity-nothing really struck me on this album except for Reflect the Storm and Vaccuum
8.Lunar Strain and Subterranean tie for last, I like the melodies but just can't get into the vocals on these albums

1. CC (clearly the best album, with the most advanced melodies, and the least poppy sound)
2. STYE
3. R2r
4. CM
5. CY
6. W
7. TJR
8. ST/LS (ok album but not great, even though it defined the whole gothenburg scene. Too poppy for my taste)

somewhat they have lost the "gothenburg sound" they once had, but i mean, to create music is to improve...and create something new...this is not selling out...just means that they believe to them it is an improvement...i personally love all the albums that Anders has sung in...maybe they should re-do Lunar Strain...an anniversery edition...probley the only way i will listen to it again...anyways they have been through eras, i think everyone should just await the next album btw reroute was ok...not better the soundtrack

MINIHEMI said:
maybe they should re-do Lunar Strain...an anniversery edition...probley the only way i will listen to it again...
No. No no no no no no no no no no.
hibernal_dream said:
1. CC (clearly the best album, with the most advanced melodies, and the least poppy sound)
2. STYE
3. R2r
4. CM
5. CY
6. W
7. TJR
8. ST/LS (ok album but not great, even though it defined the whole gothenburg scene. Too poppy for my taste)
Come Clarity least poppy? D: The first two releases most poppy? Lunar Strain and Subterranean were the most underground, powerful, brutal releases in their discography. >.> These two have the "most advanced melodies", not this silly Come Clarity you adore. :p

2. STYE
3. R2r
4. CM
5. CY
6. W
7. TJR

:loco: :p

Great post! TOTALLY AGREE, COULDN'T AGREE MORE\

soundtrack to your escape is my favorite release, along with are you dead yet?, Stabbing the drama and The War within! :lol: