Thoughts on STYE

I think the drum sound is one of the few bright spots on here. The rest makes me long for the days of Reroute to Remain. I was expecting the songs to sound like Watch Them Feed, but I'm disappointed that none of them do. My Sweet Shadow is very good. The first riff of Dead Alone is very punkish. Not cool.

Omfg Its Not Like Whoracle Or Jester Race, Omfg Omfg.

They Sold Out And Are Sellouts And Want To Be On Mtv For Money And Women They Sell Out So Much And Are Total Sellouts And It Sounds Nothing Like Whoracle Or Jester Race They Must Have Wanted The Money.

Omfg

Boo hoo you fucking retard, you just won't admit it's true.

In Flames sold out, and theres nothing we can do about it.

And no, I don't hate stye OR r2r, I just believe that both are musical decisions that have no real basis other than that In Flames wanted to get more fans (and most probably money) by stretching their style.

I actually like R2R, and stye (but not as much), but you have to be a complete fucking retard not to see the evolution from death metal to nu-metal.

Grow up, and stop defending them.

*whoracle* said:
Boo hoo you fucking retard, you just won't admit it's true.

In Flames sold out, and theres nothing we can do about it.

And no, I don't hate stye OR r2r, I just believe that both are musical decisions that have no real basis other than that In Flames wanted to get more fans (and most probably money) by stretching their style.

I actually like R2R, and stye (but not as much), but you have to be a complete fucking retard not to see the evolution from death metal to nu-metal.

Grow up, and stop defending them.

How exactly do you know they sold out FOR SURE? are you in the band? Were you there in the same room when they wrote and recorded most of the songs? Do you know the adjendas of the band members? Thats what I thought, so how can you proclaim they have sold out when you know nothing of their intentions with this album. Sure it sounds different, but that is because it has progressed. There are still melodies and short solos here and there but has it ever occured to you that perhaps the members decided that dont need to cram a song with amazing leads to make it good.

also IF was never death metal and they never will be. They didnt start out very heavy and they still are around the same heaviness as when they began. And STYE isnt nu-metal at all, just because they have some synth work it automatically becomes nu-metal now? I dont see Anders rapping anywhere, infact he screams more here than on RtR and even has growls here and there which is a very un nu-metal attribute. You tell others to grow up when he is simply acting like most haters do when listening to new IF. Just because they dont sound how you want them too or the general metal community wants them to sound does not make it nu-metal or crap at all.

When you listen to the vocals on Evil In A Closet, how can you tell me that that isn't more numetal than everything that came before?

Not trying to flame anything, in fact I like both newer albums, but my god the progression is bleeding obvious!

And I can see your point about the band agenda's and what not, and I am willing to accept that, but when retards like Freddy Kreuger place their point so stupidly.... hmmm....

Meh... I have mixed opinions about it, I give them credit for wanting to try something new again but they overdid a lot of things and the riffs were really boring. It also lacks the creativity this band once had as far as guitar work is concerned and the writing is dumbed down a bit too much.. kinda catchy though so I'd give it 6/10. Anders also should've used his clean vocals the way he does with Passenger, he sounds pretty good with them IMO... not the whining type thing to sound like the guy from Korn.

I find it saf to see some people still stuck on ( oh in flames sold out ). Wake up! Stye is a good album! Its not the greatest death metal album ( far from there ) but its good and fresh. This is what in flames are now...there sound changed and that is more then normal...now if you still think that a band will come up with the same thing they did when they were 20 years old and now almost 30 well your wrong man..that aint gonna happen...so looking at the direction r2r was taking..im pretty happy with this album.

i think the album is great! much better then R2R, although the second half of that album is awesome. The songs are just as catchy as every other one they've written. If you think they have sold out, maybe you should find the definition of selling out. I don't know what it means to you... But to me it means someone is paid to change their style to better suite a larger audience. As far as I know they decided as a band to change their style.

if you want a new straight up death metal album get 'The Arrival' by Hypocrisy.

*whoracle* said:
When you listen to the vocals on Evil In A Closet, how can you tell me that that isn't more numetal than everything that came before?

Not trying to flame anything, in fact I like both newer albums, but my god the progression is bleeding obvious!

And I can see your point about the band agenda's and what not, and I am willing to accept that, but when retards like Freddy Kreuger place their point so stupidly.... hmmm....

Explain to me how Evil in a Closet is nu-metal? Its a modern ballad type song, the guitar work is good on it for the most part. Perhaps the only nu-metal attribute of the song is its lyrical content, which is about having loved and lost. Also Anders delivery is well done for the what the song is but I could do without the some of the effects on his voice in the early part of the song . it reminds me of metaphor off of RtR but much better.
The Bringer said:
i think the album is great! much better then R2R, although the second half of that album is awesome. The songs are just as catchy as every other one they've written. If you think they have sold out, maybe you should find the definition of selling out. I don't know what it means to you... But to me it means someone is paid to change their style to better suite a larger audience. As far as I know they decided as a band to change their style.

if you want a new straight up death metal album get 'The Arrival' by Hypocrisy.

Except for having St. Anger as your avatar I agree with everything u just said. from My Sweet Shadow onward the album is amazing(except for bottled). I find the riffs to be more subtle then usual too, if u listen closely to the riffs in the certain songs you can really hear some good stuff at work, instead of the usual in your face amazing stuff as seen on Colony etc.

I love this whole album from start to finish..i love the way In Flames is taking their music..its like nothing else...they got their own style going on here and im really into it.