R2r and CC > STYE

why would a band want to repeat itself by making an album like one they already did before? if you want Clayman sound, go listen Clayman; if you like Come Clarity sound, go listen to it. remember, both albums were made by the same guys; this just shows how talented and developing they are.

if In Flames makes a new album sounding the same like their old times, I'll blame them for it =)

The thing that annoys me is just cause In Flames started out as a Melodeath band, that people expect the band to stay in the same genre and make the same music everytime. In Flames is the band name of a group of guys that make music, why do they gotta be tied to a genre? I don't care if they even start rapping or something (lol) it's still gonna be the guys In Flames.

Anyways I agree with you IntoPhagist. R2R and CC do > STYE.

:lol: Firstly

LOL:lol:

Anyway, R2R and STYE suck balls and CC is OK, if they took all the good songs from those albums they could make 1 album that is almost as good as their older stuff

Ill make it right now! Take the best songs from all 3 albums and make it the follow up to clayman, it would be sick, lets see....

1. Reroute to Remain
2. Reflect the Storm
3. F(r)iend
4. Minus
5. Vacuum
6. Tigger
7. Vanishing Light
8. Metaphor
9. Take This Life

That would be one great album.

You guys are all just elite metalhead douchbags.

I would have to agree with you on this one. I guess some of it comes with age and running through almost every genre and continually evolving your taste. I have given up trying to talk to some people about music, I can respect someones taste in music and them saying they do not like the style or whatever, but this "sold out" thing is fuckin stupid as well as people having to like "underground or true metal" or whatever the hell they call it to make themselves feel elite in their musical preferances. I usually pass it off as people being young and naive and then there is the older guys that grew up with Deicide and the likes being their Pop metal and they simply will never like the lighter side of metal.

Oh and yeah I like all the In Flames releases each for their own reasons. Anything past Clayman is my happy music that is light and can listen to anytime. Colony and Clayman are in the middle ground of when or why I listen to them, and I guess Whoracle as well. All pre Whoracle releases are when I want to actually listen to some music, usually alone in my own quiet place.

And why are these people even lurking in this forum when they havent liked anything from In Flames in 8 years?

The only album i think In Flames has released that's terrible is Soundtrack to your Escape. I love everything up to Rereoute, i don't have enough praise for those records.

My problem with Rereoute is the guitar tone is terrible, some of Anders cleans which i usually like are plain terrible. Some of the "thrashers" get boring. Some of the riffs sound pretty painful.

Soundtrack just blows dick, i like the Quiet Place and Dial 595 Escape, i haven't listened to it in a while so i can't say i like anymore.

Come Clarity is just decent, i'd prefer Rereoute over it though. It contains too much filler and many tracks just sound the same. Crawl Through Knives, Leeches, Take this Life and Vanishing Light are awesome tracks. The worst track they've ever done has to be Your bedtime story is scaring me with Anders doing fucking horrid emo vocals, absolute garbage. Tracks like Vacuum, Pacing Death's Trail and Our infinite Struggle are just filler.

Anyway, onto new horizons.

On the new track Abnegation Anders sounds so fucking strained and sounds absolutely horrible. However on the Nuclear Blast Allstars CD where he sings on Dysfunctional Hours, his voice sounds a lot better and doesn't try to sing.

Most of the members are fans of modern metal nowadays anyway, so i think the next album is definately going to be more Metalcore influenced, with practically the whole of Passenger influence in there.

At sounds of the underground 2006 their short 7 song setlist was only songs from these three cds. i was dissipointed to say the least. before they went on my friend and i were talking to Anders at the jager booth and my friend asked him if they were playing anything off of Colony and he's like yeah, definitly. liar!

1. CC (clearly the best album, with the most advanced melodies, and the least poppy sound)
2. STYE
3. R2r
4. CM
5. CY
6. W
7. TJR
8. ST/LS (ok album but not great, even though it defined the whole gothenburg scene. Too poppy for my taste)

*sigh* once again u fail.

1 Colony
2 The Jester Race (+BAI)
3 Whoracle
4 Subterranean
5 Clayman
6 Reroute To Remain
7 Soundtrack to Your Escape
8 Come Clarity
9 Lunar Strain

And for the record, STAND ABLAZE is the best In Flames song ever.
For me it is.

As for the original topic, no I don't agree with R2r and CC > STYE, apparently.

I would probably go for Come Clarity over R2R or STYE. Though I do enjoy both R2R and STYE a lot, but I think it's cause I got into In Flames through Come Clarity so it's kinda stuck with me.

Okay i disagree with almost all of you

To me Reroute is much better then Clayman, Come Clarity is great, soundtrack leaves a bad taste in my mouth after hearing it but its still not terrible, You just dont want to hear in flames do anything else except there sig older style, overal the albums arent bad just not your taste, I can honestly say i like Come Clarity and R2r right up there with Colony, Whoracle and Jester Race.
Next time try listening with your head out of your ass

There's no point in discussing In Flames with IntoPhagist, he's hopeless...
Quite right

Oh thats right? cuz you dont like the new albums, you know everything about metal? Just cuz i like new in flames, all of a sudden my opinion doesnt matter? your very closed minded, you only like true metal right? oh and i dont know anything cuz i like Come Clarity, yea your cool.

I've been listening to metal for abou ten years, got collections of over 600 metal albums but since i dont hate the new in flames albums, im not as smart as you? Oh and i bet you think i listen to Linkin park, korn an dlimp bizkit also? oh yeah i shop at hot topic and wear my New slayer shirts and a chain wallet? hmmmmmm
Er...yeah, kinda do. Grow the fuck up...frankly, most people will agree that In Flames last 3 albums are nu-metal, and nu-metal isn't metal*...maybe not Corn and Limpdick, but probably Shitknot.

STYE>CC>R2R>Having your skull smashed in with a pickaxe.

Don't get all the hate towards STYE; sure, it sucks, but it has 2 or 3 genuinely excellent songs. Whereas everybody loves R2R; wtf? every song sounds the same, and they all suck, and it's the most nu-metal of all their albums...CC is all right...

The Jester Race > Subterranean > Colony > Lunar Strain > Clayman > Whoracle > Everything else ever made, by man or god.

*Debate this and brace yourself for the onslaught, for truly the defenders of the faith shall gather for your destruction, screaming their warcry; "DEATH TO FALSE METAL!!"

1. CC (clearly the best album, with the most advanced melodies, and the least poppy sound)
2. STYE
3. R2r
4. CM
5. CY
6. W
7. TJR
8. ST/LS (ok album but not great, even though it defined the whole gothenburg scene. Too poppy for my taste)

Flip this and you're close, moron...Poppy? Yeah, some really poppy beat blasts and black metal rasps on lunar strain...moron...Least poppy sound? R2R was the most poppy, but come on; female guest vocals? 50/50 clean vocals? Definitely more poppy than Lunar Strain and Subterranean. You sir, are ignert.

2. STYE
3. R2r
4. CM
5. CY
6. W
7. TJR

Wow I dont think I have disagreed with a post so whole heartedly. EVER!

I would probably go for Come Clarity over R2R or STYE. Though I do enjoy both R2R and STYE a lot, but I think it's cause I got into In Flames through Come Clarity so it's kinda stuck with me.

While Come Clarity is btter than those two you still need to delve a litle deeper into the back catalog and get rid of your Lamb of God albums.

Wow... i've never seen such stupidity.

It's become obviously apparent that hibernal_dream is fucking with you.

I would have to agree with you on this one. I guess some of it comes with age and running through almost every genre and continually evolving your taste. I have given up trying to talk to some people about music, I can respect someones taste in music and them saying they do not like the style or whatever, but this "sold out" thing is fuckin stupid as well as people having to like "underground or true metal" or whatever the hell they call it to make themselves feel elite in their musical preferances. I usually pass it off as people being young and naive and then there is the older guys that grew up with Deicide and the likes being their Pop metal and they simply will never like the lighter side of metal.

Oh and yeah I like all the In Flames releases each for their own reasons. Anything past Clayman is my happy music that is light and can listen to anytime. Colony and Clayman are in the middle ground of when or why I listen to them, and I guess Whoracle as well. All pre Whoracle releases are when I want to actually listen to some music, usually alone in my own quiet place.

And why are these people even lurking in this forum when they havent liked anything from In Flames in 8 years?
+1

My album ratings

1. Clayman
2. The Jester's Race
2/3. Reroute to Remain (can't decide if I like CC or R2R better)
2/3. Come Clarity
5. Colony
6. Soundtrack to Your Escape (only for a few songs, otherwise it's kinda crap)
7. Whoracle
8. Lunar Strain (just don't care for this one)