Sick and Tired:

Connected_Systems said:
Please Agree or Disagree with my statement... hopefully there are some that actually agree with me.. but anywho...

I'm just wondering if there are any other In Flames fans sick and tired of hearing the same thing over and over... What Im referring to is the bashing of In Flames...

Some of you... you know who you are... bash In Flames for the music they make AND even for what they wear... I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions... but too much is too much... there should be one thread where you can bash in flames all you want... its just like what happened to the old IF forum... there was way too much bashing and one person pretending to be a person from In Flames...

Complain about R2R all you want... there's a thread for it... go for it... bash all you want... so what if its not like the other albums like colony, or whorcle, or the jester race... thats what makes it unique... In Flames would be boring if they make 10 albums exactly like (for example) Whorcle... If bands didn't evolve... it would all be the same sh*t... but in different piles... if you didnt like R2R thats fine... you dont have to listen to it... you can listen to other bands or listen to the older albums of In Flames...

Now about what they wear... I dont know why a bunch of you have problems with what they wear... like c'mon... they wear what they like to wear... not what you tell them to wear... and about Anders bread and dreads... now seriously... leave the poor guy alone... next thing you know some of you will be tellin them what to eat, when to take showers(lol just a joke, i hope it doesnt come down to tellin them when to shower:p) anyways some of you keep blaming him for R2R... It was the WHOLE groups decision to make R2R the way it is... NOT just Anders... Everyone! You stick the blame on him... leave him alone... Because if they didnt like what they created, they wouldnt have put out the album...

So... just let In Flames do their stuff, let them make their own decisions, if you like it you like it if you dont you dont, but just give things a chance and if you still dont like it then make a lil "in flames bashing new album" thread... just enjoy the music because its different from everything else...

Also... to some this may offend ya... so sorry, i just had to get this off my chest... hopefully there are a couple of people that would agree with a few things of what i said... maybe not all of it... maybe just one or two things... IN FLAMES have been very tolerant with all the critism from the fans and I respect them... I just hope you guys also respect their musical talents whether it was the older stuff or the stuff to come but they've came along way, creating some of the best metal ever...

I really hope that this new song on the EP will lead to a great new LP that could possibly put them back on top of everyones mind and show the world what a great bunch of guys with lots of musical talent can do

i can only speak on my behalf, so all i have to say about r2r is that it sucked, and i for one am through with it. as far as opinions about music and this and that, all i have to say is that there is inferior music and there is superior music. don't believe, here's a lil poll for all:

50 cent or iced earth

linkin park or symphony x

korn or the devin townsend band

limp bizkit or blind guardian

adema or deicide (old)

disturbed or emperor

see my point, you put up one of these mtv generated bands against a REAL band, and you'll see what i am trying to say. remember, there are inferior beings, and suffice to say, that is the sad fact of reality.

You know, I'd take Linkin Park or Korn over Symphony X, Deicide, Iced Earth and Blind Guardian any day. Those are some of the worst examples of "real" bands that a person could think of. Your "point" is rather irrelevant if someone disagrees completely with your concept of a "real" band. Next.

tal shiar agent 930 said:
see my point, you put up one of these mtv generated bands against a REAL band, and you'll see what i am trying to say.

I don't think I do see what you're trying to say. Let me try and clarify - you're saying that Emperor are superior to Disturbed, despite the fact that while both bands are making music, Disturbed sell more records and make more people happy? I think you're totally wrong man. But I think a lot of metal fans do think like this. So many seem unhappy to just enjoy listening to the music they like, but seem to feel some deep desire to pretend that their music is better than what everyone else listens to. Uh uh. Sure, Emperor might have been a more talented band than Disturbed are, but music is entertainment, and Disturbed have entertained a hell of a lot more people than Emperor. You know, I'd rather listen to Emperor over Disturbed anyday, but to say that Disturbed are "inferior" in any way other than the musicianship would be unfair. And the fact is that you don't need a lot of talent to write catchy, successful songs.

I thought it was kinda funny that you had to specify "old" Deicide against Adema though, haha.

My thoughts exactly, I agree with the original poster. I'm tired of people complaining like they're the most hardcore underground metalhead around, and that In Flames is selling out and going nu metal.

I just saw them live about a week ago in Minneapolis and they were nothing short of amazing. They played a near two hour set and played from just about all their CD's and totally blew me away... Definitely NOT a nu metal show, as I've managed to see one or two in my time ( Not a big fan... )

Whatever though, let the morons complain that In Flames is selling out and going nu metal, that doesn't matter to me so long as In Flames continues putting out music that I myself enjoy, I could give a shit less what a few wanna be hardcore metal kids could think.

tal shiar agent 930 said:
i can only speak on my behalf, so all i have to say about r2r is that it sucked, and i for one am through with it. as far as opinions about music and this and that, all i have to say is that there is inferior music and there is superior music. don't believe, here's a lil poll for all:

50 cent or iced earth

linkin park or symphony x

korn or the devin townsend band

limp bizkit or blind guardian

adema or deicide (old)

disturbed or emperor

see my point, you put up one of these mtv generated bands against a REAL band, and you'll see what i am trying to say. remember, there are inferior beings, and suffice to say, that is the sad fact of reality.
Yeah I don't really agree with this either. I mean these are totally different styles of music. Never before have I said I can't decide between listening to linkin park or Symphony X. They are completely different. I like Symphony X more, but there are times when I will throw in a Linkin Park cd.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
You know, I'd take Linkin Park or Korn over Symphony X, Deicide, Iced Earth and Blind Guardian any day. Those are some of the worst examples of "real" bands that a person could think of. Your "point" is rather irrelevant if someone disagrees completely with your concept of a "real" band. Next.

let's see, my point is irrelevant because i stated bands that have the balls to do what they want to do with their music and instead of following the flavor of the month, they do what they feel with their instruments. besides, these bands have something i like to say "a feeling" that exists in their albums compared to the likes of the mtv generated bands which is just party music for the likes of zombies. oh yeah, irrelavancy at it finest.

Moonshield said:
I don't think I do see what you're trying to say. Let me try and clarify - you're saying that Emperor are superior to Disturbed, despite the fact that while both bands are making music, Disturbed sell more records and make more people happy? I think you're totally wrong man. But I think a lot of metal fans do think like this. So many seem unhappy to just enjoy listening to the music they like, but seem to feel some deep desire to pretend that their music is better than what everyone else listens to. Uh uh. Sure, Emperor might have been a more talented band than Disturbed are, but music is entertainment, and Disturbed have entertained a hell of a lot more people than Emperor. You know, I'd rather listen to Emperor over Disturbed anyday, but to say that Disturbed are "inferior" in any way other than the musicianship would be unfair. And the fact is that you don't need a lot of talent to write catchy, successful songs.

I thought it was kinda funny that you had to specify "old" Deicide against Adema though, haha.

life isn't about being "happy", sadly, life is also about being sad, depressed, angry, cheated, and so forth. besides, keep in mind that when i say that the metal is better is b/c it has survived decades of incursions, slander, lies brought upon by the powers to be, and of ocurse, trend hopping losers who joined the ranks in the first place to be with the "in" group. i'll grant you that music is entertaining, but, these bands i have mentioned also have something valid to say. as far as disturbed entertaining alot more people, see, there's an old saying that goes is that the mass of society is stupid and thus, case presented.

You're right, there's a lot of shit in the world, and that's why bands that make people happy are a good thing. I really didn't want to get into some kind of debate, but I guess I'm stuck with it now.... but really, I totally understand what you mean, but I do think that there is undoubtedly a reason for bands like Disturbed etc to be popular, and that's because they just have a greater appeal. They're not "inferior", that's all I wanted to say. Yes, they're not as good musically, and yeah, they're probably not in it for the same reasons as Blind Guardian. but they definitely have a right to be there and they definitely do some good.

Non one has a right to assume that they know what a band is into music for. I feel a lot coming from Disturbed's music. Other people don't. It's all relative to your own feelings. I don't listen to music for the entertainment value. I listen to it for the inspiration and motivation value. And if a band inspires me, I listen. But it doesn't mean that band is any better than any other. It only suits me better.

Agree.Very talented musicians. Anders- a vocal one of a kind, love the last album,though a little obsessed with Clayman and Whoracle,would hate to see them on a bigger stage,may not even go but always expecting to hear their next stuff, and always respectful to their visions and choices.

insilence said:
Agree.Very talented musicians. Anders- a vocal one of a kind, love the last album,though a little obsessed with Clayman and Whoracle,would hate to see them on a bigger stage,may not even go but always expecting to hear their next stuff, and always respectful to their visions and choices.
What was I thinking not to mention Colony with the mighty lyrics and music.A nd of course I would go see them anywhere :hotjump: :D

The reason N' Flames is getting shit.... they decided not to play their instruments and be creative when they have proven they could in the past. In Flames sound like they missed the nu-metal scene when it was actually popular. I guess they did not witness the horrible nu-metal scene that blew up in probably 98. They just sound idiotic finally getting updated on some american music culture when it died down. What's the point of musically regressing.

No reason to play a music style that does not stand the test of time either.

but it is possible for bands to make different albums throughout their career and still retain their identity, ie nevermore.

in flames, after clayman, didnt even SOUND like in flames. that's the problem. it's not an 'evolution' thing...it's a clear departure from the sound that made them such a great band in the first place.

I cant agree with you...they changed....but that aint bad...and yes its an evolution..dont you guys think they would of made something more like Clayman after r2R if they really wanted popularity? Everybody was shouting after them! But no, they did what they wanted to do...look at an interview on www.everdying.com ...maybe you,ll understand..they talk about it and they make a clear statement..they simply do what they want to do nothing more...they dont give a shit for Nuclear Blast...but they dont give a shit for the whinny fans...Give them a brake and let them do what they want...if you dont like it..its ok..but dont blast them evertime you have a chance : )

commandante said:
you know what I am sick and tired of? a bunch of fanboys whining, because some other people try to show them that IF are no gods.
I for one didn't see any IF bashing since a very very long time, but I see it is flavor-of-the-month to open threads like this one.
p.s.:they don't wear what they want. they have a clothing sponsor and they wear what koppartrans wants. dont take it as bashing and dont start to cry. I for one like their clothing and style, what makes me sick is the music.

You know what I'm sick and tired of? People like you. I am a fanboy in the sense that I love every cd they've made, and will defend Jesper with tooth and nail. To say you haven't heard bashing is to say you sit in a dark room with your hands over your ears and eyes. I am sick of the argument of letting people have their opinions while we just try to exercise ours. There is no right or wrong, there are only opinions, and this thread is for people of the opinion stated in the opening post. So send your flavor-of-the-last three years IF fan bashing the other direction. My opinion is they have ruled ever since Jesper started the band, and never stopped. I am a fanboy. Come and get me.

You guys are losers.

It's okay, so am I.

Seriously, chill out. I'm an IF fan, theyre definitely one of my top 10 bands. I think they're past their prime, Anders is a weak clean singer and theyre doing a lot of that stuff. But why waste your time arguing over it?