The Official "Anders should leave the band" thread and misc. rants!!

wisconSINN

New Metal Member
Feb 16, 2004
Hey guys,

First time posting here, but I check out the boards quite a bit. I'm always curious to see what kind of things fellow in flames fans think etc. Which brings me here to post this.

For starters, I have been an In Flames fan since the Whoracle days. During that time I was listening to nothing but American Metal (Pantera, Slayer, Megadeth). I happened to stumble upon Whoracle at a used cd shop and for some reason the name sounded metal and I figure I would check it out. AMAZING from the first second I heard it, I bought it instantly and have gotten about 20 of my buddies into In Flames (then, not now) and it really opened my eyes up to the European metal scene. I've seen them 7 times live and consider myself a die hard. I just wanted to say this because I dont want to be considered some newbie when it comes to In Flames or REAL metal.

For those of you that have heard the leaked "The Quiet Place" single and heard the 3 songs, you all know that it is utter crap. You can flame me all you want, you can say lets not judge the album by 3 songs...whatever. This is HORRIBLE.

I have heard from some of the defenders on here.

"If you are a true IN FLAMES fan, you'll like it."

That is simply not true.

If you are a true In Flames fan, you will despise this shit because you remember when this band made amazing music.

If you have been an In Flames fan for as long as I have (or some of you even longer I'm sure), you realize that the band you fell in love with musically is GONE.

It seems that In Flames is going into the "Clean Vocals throughout most of the song and Chrous" route that Soilwork and other bands have done. They did it many times in R2R and all 3 songs on the quiet place single have clean chorus's and many clean verses. Here's the problem, Bjorn Strid of Soilwork can actually sing, so can Michael Staane (?) of Dark Tranquility during the Projector days.......this just in folks Anders Friden cannot fucking sing clean. AT ALL!!

My opinion is this, if In Flames as a band have decided that clean vocals are the route they want to take, then Anders should leave. If Anders is to blame for the direction this band has taken (which could be if you have listened to Passenger), then he needs to leave the band on that reason alone.

I'm sorry guys but In Flames in my eyes is done. You can flame me all you want. You can say I suck and I'm not a true fan. But I refuse to listen to and admire a band that is barely a shell of what it used to be.

I'm curious what your feedback is. I'm sure I'll get a bunch of shit for what I just said but oh well........fuck it!

P.S. Sorry for the long post.....I'm just frustrated.

shitthread.gif

take it to one of the other 78 threads on this topic, pal.

piss off sunlapse. No one has ever mentioned Anders should leave the band. Just go ahead and crank up "The Quiet Place" and some Papa Roach ya fag!!

wisconSINN said:
piss off sunlapse. No one has ever mentioned Anders should leave the band. Just go ahead and crank up "The Quiet Place" and some Papa Roach ya fag!!
I might just do that. After that I might crank up some Suffocation. Followed by some Sigur Ros. Then maybe some Dissection. Then maybe some Slipknot.

And in case you are wondering, yes, tons of people have said Anders should leave.

i whole heartedly agree with you man inflames as the great melodic death metal band who wrote the amzing songs on the jester race whoracle colony and clayman is now dead jesper and bjorn have giving in to the temptations of NU METAL thats right NU METAL! anyway you slice it this shit is nu metal i mean it fucking sounds like korn im the vidoe peter looks like johnathan davis, oh yea and the video is a big ass pile of shit to ... it gives you the distinct impression that inflames is not longer jespers band but now anders owns all, so all in all inflames is dead, dead and buried, so make way for the NU inFLAYMEZ watch out for them on tour soon with linkin park and hoobastank . there is no god

I should leave the board metal17? What in the hell did i do? Sorry goes to Sunlapse if I missed the fact that people have never mentioned Anders leaving because I check out what you guys have to say alot and have never read that. So my apologies. I just got a little pissy I guess with Sunlapse calling my post a "Shit Thread". I honestly think I made some good points on how I feel about the band and the situation as a whole. Sorry for flying off the handle, just had a bad week and the pile of crap in flames calls music nowadays just adds to my frustration.

Cut the bitchy I want this-I want that shit out. Are you guys 4? Sunlapsed is the worst, I bet he stays on here all day with a hard on seeing who he can say shit to first. And Wisconsinn, I agree with you on some parts, but that's just the way it will happen. Just listen to your Whoracle, because nothing is gonna change the minds of In Flames...They have chosen their path, maybe not a good one, but I respect them for doing so. Just waiting for another Jester Race or Colony will never happen. Just move on.

Jesterace said:
Cut the bitchy I want this-I want that shit out. Are you guys 4? Sunlapsed is the worst, I bet he stays on here all day with a hard on seeing who he can say shit to first.
sorry for objecting to the fact that we have at least 10 threads in recent days created to say basically "omg the new in flames is so gay its like korn and all the mallcore fags are going to listen to it now and its so fucking gay and its just like korn".... if your gonna say something like that than say it IN THE GODDAMN EXISTING THREADS.

Wisconsinn's points are well made and although i don't agree, the "Shit thread" rubbish is going to reduce this board to two bickering geeks if it carries on. I don't think the latest material is bad by any means because I believe that they are good songs. I would agree about Anders' clean singing not being very strong. However, there is a kind of feeling and emotion in his singing that I haven't really heard before. But hey - that is just my perspective. Cue "Shit Thread" post -

I agree with you Jester. I am not one of these fucks who thinks In Flames should go AC/DC and crank out the same fucking album over and over again, but this is not the same band dude. When I first heard R2R, I thought it kinda sucked and the more I listened to it the more i grew to like some of the album. I have listened to these 3 songs ALOT over the last 2 weeks to try to like them, and I cant. I dont see this EVER growing on me. Look at Dark Tranquility, look at Soilwork, look at Nevermore even. These bands have definetly progressed from their older works, you may like the older stuff better in some instances, but that doesnt mean that any of these bands newer stuff SUCKS. Whereas I cant say the same for the new In Flames stuff.

Blackthorned said:
Wisconsinn's points are well made and although i don't agree, the "Shit thread" rubbish is going to reduce this board to two bickering geeks if it carries on. I don't think the latest material is bad by any means because I believe that they are good songs. I would agree about Anders' clean singing not being very strong. However, there is a kind of feeling and emotion in his singing that I haven't really heard before. But hey - that is just my perspective. Cue "Shit Thread" post -
when are you gonna learn.... the "shit thread" is not because I disagree with him, in fact i agree with many of the negative and positive things said about the songs.... but WE DON'T NEED OVER 10 THREADS OF THE EXACT SAME THING.

wisconSINN said:
I should leave the board metal17? What in the hell did i do? Sorry goes to Sunlapse if I missed the fact that people have never mentioned Anders leaving because I check out what you guys have to say alot and have never read that. So my apologies. I just got a little pissy I guess with Sunlapse calling my post a "Shit Thread". I honestly think I made some good points on how I feel about the band and the situation as a whole. Sorry for flying off the handle, just had a bad week and the pile of crap in flames calls music nowadays just adds to my frustration.
I'm sorry, I guess I still am in denial of what In Flames sound like now...hmmph...I like it though...but you do have some valid points and was just sharing your opinion...plus I'm going through some ruff times too...I didn't mean to pick on you. :(

I thought that this thread had very valid points from various people that spoke their mind and had good posts. They werent all "meehhh In Flames sucks" they were backed up with reasons and thoughts. The only one on here that comes off as a whiny douche is you Sunlapse, all you do is whine and bitch bitch bitch about all the threads that are *gasp* negative oh no! on the Quiet Place. Maybe there's so many threads cos PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE IT. C'mon "Shit Post" me away.

Ben