Anders live...what the fuck happened?

tbh the last 2 albums are damn solid.

Tbh you're completely wrong, but also way off topic.
However, I find this more interesting that said topic, so fuck it.

Symbolic is melodic, but lacks thrash influence, and isn't melodic enough to really be melodic death metal. Really, it's progressive death metal with a strong dose of melody. It's also not the greatest death metal release ever, it's not even the best Death release ever, but it is a fucking badass album. Sacred Serenity is amazing.

I posted in the wrong thread, my bad

Symbolic, Human, and Individual Thought patterns are their best with Symbolic being the most complete from beginning to end.
1000 eyes and perennial quest are absolutely brilliant songs :worship:
oh and the solo in without judgment is metal as fuck :headbang:

but anyway, back on topic, yes anders' vocals suck now :loco:

Oh no, alternative metal!!! The horror!!!

And bad lyrics! Who would have ever thought a metal band would have bad lyrics? :erk:

God you're so annoying. Stop acting like your opinion on In Flames is better than everybody elses. Do you even like In Flames? (serious question btw)

Besides, some of us aren't hardened metal heads with a close-minded view of this band. Outside of In Flames, Metallica, Opeth, Iron Maiden, Bathory and Sepultura, I don't even listen to that much metal.

Old in flames is decent, new is bad, imo.

I posted in the wrong thread, my bad

Symbolic, Human, and Individual Thought patterns are their best with Symbolic being the most complete from beginning to end.
1000 eyes and perennial quest are absolutely brilliant songs :worship:
oh and the solo in without judgment is metal as fuck :headbang:

but anyway, back on topic, yes anders' vocals suck now :loco:

Death = one of my favourite metal bands, along with early Paradise lost and Atheist. :D

''Close your eyes and imagine to be without.
What we take for granted every WE OPEN OUR EYEEEEEEEEEES!''

tbh the last 2 albums are damn solid.

Tbh you're completely wrong, but also way off topic.
However, I find this more interesting that said topic, so fuck it.

Symbolic is melodic, but lacks thrash influence, and isn't melodic enough to really be melodic death metal. Really, it's progressive death metal with a strong dose of melody. It's also not the greatest death metal release ever, it's not even the best Death release ever, but it is a fucking badass album. Sacred Serenity is amazing.

Symbolic is one of Death's best. Human is a death metal classic, imo.

Your favourite death metal albums?

My favourites are;

Morbid angel - altars of madness (best death metal album EVER)
Death - human (intelligent)
Pestilence - testimony of the ancients (beautiful solo's)
Necrophobic - the nocturnal silence ( dark, atmospheric, almost epic!)
Sepultura - morbid visions (the darkest death metal you could find in the 80's)

btw; i think Symbolic is pretty much progressive metal with harsh vocals, Human and Individual though patterns are closer to progressive death metal.

My favourites are;

btw; i think Symbolic is pretty much progressive metal with harsh vocals, Human and Individual though patterns are closer to progressive death metal.

hmmm i think i might check pestilence and necrophobic out
thanks bro!

RIP chuck :worship:

Control Denied is badass too.
I was actually disappointed by The Fragile Art Of Existence. I thought it sounded like death with slightly less balls. However, it was quite good. My main problem is that I feel many of the songs are too long; if the album was tightened up a bit and they took out some of the repetitive riffing sections it would be fantastic. The same goes for Iron Maiden's latest as well.

My favourites are;

My favorites?
I tend to prefer heavier stuff;
Vital Remains - Dechristianize
Goratory - Orgasm Induced Diarrhea
Death - SoP
Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines

and more in this vein.

I was actually disappointed by The Fragile Art Of Existence. I thought it sounded like death with slightly less balls. However, it was quite good. My main problem is that I feel many of the songs are too long; if the album was tightened up a bit and they took out some of the repetitive riffing sections it would be fantastic. The same goes for Iron Maiden's latest as well.

Hey there!

First, thanks for including me in the reindeer games happenin here. :tickled:

Second, sorry you were not able to get your user name changed.

Third, I think The Fragile Art of Existence - in both lyrical and musical content - is quite excellent the way it is. It's become one of my top favorites from the late 90s. I'm not sure about other copies but my copy of the CD has nary a publish date in sight anywhere in the booklet or on the CD itself. I guess that means that it's timeless like some of my favorites from waaaay back in the day.

The same goes for Iron Maiden's latest as well.

I've tried so hard to get into 'A Matter of Life and Death', but to me it just sounds like they were desperate to write something more progressive than usual. Many of the songs feel so forced. Eventually I just stopped listening to the album, as I realised I was forcing myself to put the album on simply because it was Iron Maiden.

Hey there!

First, thanks for including me in the reindeer games happenin here. :tickled:

Second, sorry you were not able to get your user name changed.

Third, I think The Fragile Art of Existence - in both lyrical and musical content - is quite excellent the way it is. It's become one of my top favorites from the late 90s. I'm not sure about other copies but my copy of the CD has nary a publish date in sight anywhere in the booklet or on the CD itself. I guess that means that it's timeless like some of my favorites from waaaay back in the day.
um..
I don't know who you are. I also don't know what reindeer games are.
But that's cool.
I liked Fragile Art, just felt it wanted to go in several directions and couldn't pick.

I've tried so hard to get into 'A Matter of Life and Death', but to me it just sounds like they were desperate to write something more progressive than usual. Many of the songs feel so forced. Eventually I just stopped listening to the album, as I realised I was forcing myself to put the album on simply because it was Iron Maiden.
I like a bunch of the songs, but it's frustrating because they're too long. Like, For The Greater Good of God: do you really need to say it 8 times?

yeah....I still don't know who you are, but I'm currently wearing the testament shirt with the artwork in your sig, so we're cool.

TSOP seemed fairly consistent to me. I thought the solos on there were simply the best.

yeah....I still don't know who you are, but I'm currently wearing the testament shirt with the artwork in your sig, so we're cool.

TSOP seemed fairly consistent to me. I thought the solos on there were simply the best.

A Moment of Clarity's solo is godly:worship:

the best death metal release is ENTOMBED " Left hand path " :headbang:

I feel altars of madness to be THE perfect death metal album there is, i mean lets take a look at Death's most famous album, Human. its very technical played and melodic, but is it heavy? as far death goes, yes. in general, as far death metal goes,no. No im not saying that the perfect death metal album should be ''br00tal!'' but most albums are for example; only technical, only heavy, ect.

Altars of madness has everything death metal has to sound like, melodic, catchy! (even the lyrics, not kidding.) yet, brutal, chaotical and the lyrical verses will let you growl along.

About left hand path; it's an good old school death metal album i guess, nothing too interested, though.