Anders Friden on Jon Schaffer

I feel the same way man. I think its a bitch when people come here and dont learn our language. In High School the kids that came from Mexico and didnt speak English well had to take a class to learn English better. Oddly all ever saw em doing was dancing and eating in the class and they spoke Spanish anyways during school. Same goes with society now. I do agree and it pisses me off.

She speaks good English and yeah she's looking for a job here right now and in a few months she will be a US citizen since we a re getting married.

And of course she likes In Flames. She likes nearly all the bands that I do. She comes around this board sometimes but is on the Maiden one alot, her name is Abryl.

Guitarist Larry Tarnowski, who recently left Iced Earth's touring lineup, says that Schaffer's insistence on the last word may have been why Barlow split in the first place. “I know it had a lot to do with my leaving,” Tarnowski said, speaking from an undisclosed “safe house” deep in the Rocky Mountains. “Even now, I have a hard time speaking, because I know when I'm done saying something, no matter how impossible it sounds, Jon's going to add to it, edit it to make me look bad, or otherwise walk all over me.”

At that moment, Schaffer's head popped out of a woodstove in the corner. “Larry Tarnowski was a valuable part of the Iced Earth legacy during his rather brief, undistinguished tenure with the band. If he chooses to put 'school' or 'getting a word in edgewise' over the power of heavy metal, thus branding himself a poseur, that is his decision and I, Jon Schaffer, support his right to make all the mistakes he wants.”

“Whatever!” Tarnowski screamed in reply, sticking a pillow over his head.

“Whatever whatever!” Schaffer shot back.

“Whatever whatever whatever!” Tarnowski cried, tears streaming down his face.

“Whatever whatever whatever whatever!” Schaffer volleyed back, at which point Tarnowski lapsed into a catatonic silence, sucking his thumb.
:lol:

Priceless...

I'll say this much: I went to see the 2002 Iced Earth tour as an Iced Earth fan, having heard 4 or 5 In Flames songs.

In Flames blew me and everyone else there the fuck away. I saw a bunch of people who were having a blast during IF leaving midway through Iced Earth.

Me? I like Iced Earth (except this USA! USA! USA! album with Ripper, ugh) but Jon was a dick to Anders and the band, point-blank. The jealousy theory may well be right, because going on after In Flames can be quite the bitch if you're anyone less than Slayer.

Wamsutta said:
I'll say this much: I went to see the 2002 Iced Earth tour as an Iced Earth fan, having heard 4 or 5 In Flames songs.

In Flames blew me and everyone else there the fuck away. I saw a bunch of people who were having a blast during IF leaving midway through Iced Earth.

Me? I like Iced Earth (except this USA! USA! USA! album with Ripper, ugh) but Jon was a dick to Anders and the band, point-blank. The jealousy theory may well be right, because going on after In Flames can be quite the bitch if you're anyone less than Slayer.

Slayer?

Dreadful said:
It's true, If you go to a Slayer gig, you never see such devoted mother fuckers everywhere...

Yup I saw Slayer with In Flames. In Flames played 20 minutes. :erk:

Whenever you mentioned Slayer like 50 drunken bastards yelled SLLLLAAYYYYEERRR at the top of their lungs. My favorite moment was when this crappy local band was playing, when they got done with their first song some crazy guy yells, "FUCK YOU WE WANT SLAYER" about 100 others followed suite.

I dont really think they are anything that special, Toms voice grats on my nerves and the big one is the lack of melody. I like some kind of melody in my metal, even thrash. Inflames only got to play for thirty minutes at the Mudvayne show, it was worth it, but i wish the vocalists would of broke his leg walking on stage so InFlames couldve come back out. (tear) oh how i wish.

Most people into metal have already gotten in or out of their Slayer phase. It's kinda odd to be into extreme metal and not have been into Slayer at one point. If it isn't odd, it's due to the metal climate changing today, because people just get straight into Children of Bodom or In Flames instead of buying Ozzy, Slayer or Megadeth cds first.

Slayer is one of those 'phase' bands. Eventually you realize that King and Lombardo are way overrated.