IN FLAMES vocalist Anders Fridén talks smack about Iced Earth idiot Jon Schaffer

Here's another view of what happened. This is a post from Mark Briody of Jag Panzer that was on the PM: X board:

Once minor clarification. Rikard is not 1/2 Swedish. He is fully Swedish. He was born in Stockholm, speaks Swedish and carries a Swedish passport.

O.k., here's the story -

There had been limited stage room for us and In Flames for several of the shows. Montreal was particularly bad so Anders decided to talk to Jon about it. It did not go well. Jon told him to take a hike (but not in those words). Matt told me that Anders approached Jon with an attitude. I wasn't in the room so I'm just relaying what I was told.

The limited stage room didn't bother me. Of course I would have wanted more room, but we weren't the headliner so we just deal with things like that.

One thing that I didn't care for is that Anders discussed the subject with us stating that both Jag Panzer and In Flames should have more stage room. But he approached Jon and suggested that Jag Panzer remain with the limited stage but In Flames get more room. I didn't think that was too cool. But it was no big deal either. Things like this happen on tour all the time.

Mark

---------

It sounds like both Anders and Jon where in asshole mode.

@Officer: Depends on your definition of "rock star"... is it a certain amount of money? Conceit? Amount of fans? A combination of the three?

@Imagikafan: I already posted that. :loco: I didn't know that guy was 100% Swedish, tho...

Stun said:
@Officer: Depends on your definition of "rock star"... is it a certain amount of money? Conceit? Amount of fans? A combination of the three?

My perception is conceit first where you are a "name" and you look at other
people, including your fans, and see them as people who are not "names"
and then fans and money not too far behind.

Since it's not a concrete thing by any means - completely arbitrary - you can't really make such a blanket statement. It only makes sense to you because it's your personal definiton of what a rock star is, even tho your definiton has no definite shape and is uncontrollably variable (considering the original statement's subject and predicate used the same word... and you never really know how conceited someone is, most ppl don't even know how conceited themselves are)... also, the fact remains that some people are very humble, no matter how much money or fame they have.

But still... I do know what you mean... probably 90% of ppl (or maybe more) who get a lot of money and hear "oh you're the greatest in the world blah blah" all the time - just for making music and having fun - start to believe they really are the greatest... it's pretty annoying...

Officer Friendly said:
Name them.
I'm not in this forum to throw names around..just trust that there are a couple of people I have had the opportunity to get to know and they are completely humble, real, sweet individuals. No rock star attitude..at all and I respect them even more now than I did before I knew them and thought they were bigger than life. They are regular people with regular lives just like mine...they just get to rock the house when they take time off and go on tour.

I'll say this. I do think that Jon can come off as a bull headed asshole but you know what, I fucking respect the guy. He is living out his dream. And thats why he is such a big patriot. It's the fact that he can follow the pursuit of happiness (the American Dream). And no matter how much our president is an idiot or whatever really is the right foreign policy is for dealing with terrrorism, we can voice whatever we want and thats what makes this country great (Now back to the discussion). I look up to Jon in that he set himself a goal and fucking busted his ass to get there. Yes it is possible to work torwards your dream in other places in the word, but that only because the US set the precident. No matter if Jon is an asshole or not, Atleast his band didn't sell out and make a shitty ass synthy, half poppy, half assed metal album like RtR. Now given the fact that every iced earth album follows the same kind of song writting and riffing, if its not broken, don't fix it.

MetalHeadMarc said:
I'll say this. I do think that Jon can come off as a bull headed asshole but you know what, I fucking respect the guy. He is living out his dream. And thats why he is such a big patriot. It's the fact that he can follow the pursuit of happiness (the American Dream). And no matter how much our president is an idiot or whatever really is the right foreign policy is for dealing with terrrorism, we can voice whatever we want and thats what makes this country great (Now back to the discussion). I look up to Jon in that he set himself a goal and fucking busted his ass to get there. Yes it is possible to work torwards your dream in other places in the word, but that only because the US set the precident. No matter if Jon is an asshole or not, Atleast his band didn't sell out and make a shitty ass synthy, half poppy, half assed metal album like RtR. Now given the fact that every iced earth album follows the same kind of song writting and riffing, if its not broken, don't fix it.
exactly!