Anyone else find it really difficult to mix your own band?

I write the music, I know exaclty what I want song and sound wise.
I do my best to get it.

Worked great

But if you have bandmates that dont trust you and want to get involved it gets problematic

I've done one recording for my band, and IMO I messed it up. But I feel it was because of the silly deadlines I put on it, and my own incompetence at mixing at the time. I want another go at it before I decide yay or nay. I feel like I know what I want our songs to sound like, and I'm the only one who will be able to get that sound, but I'll probably need someone around to keep me in check. Probably the other guitarist and bassist, they can be really objective with me.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm writing, recording, mixing, and mastering my own album all by myself (mixing as I go along), and I am just not happy with anything at all. Passing it off to someone else would certainly be nice, but the only other studio here is a place that doesn't even do anything on the harder side of rock n' roll.

I won't do it again.

It creates a lot of tension between band members "you didn't played it right" "that lead line has to go" "the vocals are out of tune" blah blah blah

I prefer to concentrate on playing and enjoying the songs rather than being the guy telling everyone they should do it better. And doing it for free and as a band member, it automatically questions my view sonic wise or arrangement wise.