Anyone else get this noise from there Guitars/Bass

fox3763

New Metal Member
Feb 15, 2011
I have a squier jazz bass with stock pickups and I am getting this noise whenever I want to record it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9085211/Bass Noise.mp3

Could this be because they are single coils, I get this noise on my fender tele as well so thinking that is a possibility. Could it be a lack of internal shielding - bad wiring?

Has anyone else ever heard this and have any advice, im curious if noiseless pickups would clear this up.

Shouldn't be a problem in the mix as long as you are cutting the silences out of the bass track (unless the noise is really loud in comparison).
You could put something like an ISP Decimator in front of the DI though.
That's just my experience though.

I get it all the time man, i have a really cheap peice of shit, best thing to do run a noise gate over it, well thats what i do. Gets rid of all the unwanted hiss/fuss.
If your using PF just use the PF Gate

My bass does that too. It's mainly your computer interacting with your pickups. When I shift my bass away from my screen, it stops or quiets down. I don't know if this is the case for you. It really doesn't do anything terrible to your mix. You can easily hide it under the mix, and like Vinny said, when there are silent parts, just cut them out. When I strike a note, the fuzz goes away and it's just a clear tone, until it rings out too long, then it comes back in, so watch out for that when you have ring out parts, or if your song ends on a ring out, it's fairly noticeable, especially on headphones.

ya, i figured it was the pickups picking up computer interference. It does go away when I turn it away and find the null point. Fixing it in the mixing really isnt acceptable for me. Temporarily I can do that but I want to have the clearest possible recordings going in, so im wondering if anyone has had good luck with noiseless pickups.