Anyone else hate Pantera with a passion?

Originally posted by hendrixfreak
Where the fuck did u guys get the idea that they're all super christian? Like someone said earlier, Phil's in a few satanic black metal bands and in one of their videos, some holy rollers manage to get into one of their hotel rooms and phil fukn rips on'em.

Do you not remember his interviews from 95 or so? After his heroin overdose? "I met God and he said 'Phil, your job on earth is not done' so now I'm back because of God's love" (not exact quote but damn close).....-**-*-

Maybe he meant lower case god and not uppercase God. That doesn't make him Christian anyhow. You super-atheists crack me up, anything that remotely refers to a deity is totally off limits. :lol: I used to be one myself, and no I didn't "find god" one day, I just grew up and got over it.

Pantera rules, awesome American metal.:headbang:

I like all of Pantera's albums except for Reinventing the Stell. They are a great band but I do think they should call it quits. Phil isn't christian, just because you believe in god doesn't mean he is christian. I believe in god and I love black metal.

I dont know why all of you hate them? They are an awesome band...well maybe the newer stuff isnt as good, and it does get repetitive, but what newer band's stuff doesnt? Dimebag Darrell is one of the greatest guitarists I know of, and the rest of the band plays together really well...And what the hell are you talking about, you hate Phil because he is christian? Playing satanic metal? What the hell...

Originally posted by Southern Man I Am
I like all of Pantera's albums except for Reinventing the Stell. They are a great band but I do think they should call it quits.
RTS has s-o-m-e moments of greatness. ..I think it would have been a better if they took pieces from some of the throw-away songs & made like 1 or 2 awsome songs.

..Dime's been quite lately so maybe he's getting his shit together & writting some crazy-ass riffs. ..But, then again he was quite before RTS.:erk:

Um, I never liked pantera their music makes me nauses. Ever since I hearb CFH back in 1990 I hated it. As far as what god has to do with this thread, I am an aethiest, and their is nothing I hate more than some snotnosed punk trashing people that do believe in a god. grow up!!

Originally posted by Russ
RTS has s-o-m-e moments of greatness. ..I think it would have been a better if they took pieces from some of the throw-away songs & made like 1 or 2 awsome songs.

..Dime's been quite lately so maybe he's getting his shit together & writting some crazy-ass riffs. ..But, then again he was quite before RTS.:erk:

It is very possible that Dime is writing some riffs for his side project with Vinnie Paul. I am almost sure it is called Gasoline, sort of a Southern Rock meets Heavy Metal thing.

Originally posted by slayer81
Okay..i know they made some sort of " glam " stuff before t..but i mean THIS Pantera from cowboys, you know..:p

true. those first 4 weren't the 'true' pantera!!:lol: :lol:

ps- i haven't heard that real early stuff, either.

Originally posted by Sadistik
Do you not remember his interviews from 95 or so? After his heroin overdose? "I met God and he said 'Phil, your job on earth is not done' so now I'm back because of God's love" (not exact quote but damn close).....-**-*- [/B]
You are an idiot. Phil never said that or anything like that. He is not at all christian. He has said so himself. Pantera rules. Reinventing The Steel was a great record by the way.

Originally posted by Southern Man I Am
It is very possible that Dime is writing some riffs for his side project with Vinnie Paul. I am almost sure it is called Gasoline, sort of a Southern Rock meets Heavy Metal thing.
Yeah, I've heard of Gasoline, it's more Southern Rock then metal. ..I think they only did a handful of songs?

Anyway....
knac.com - Jan/22/03
As Phil Anselmo and Rex Brown Continue Their Side Projects, Dimebag and Vinnie Create New Found Power

Well, the word on the inside has been for some time now that Pantera is officially through. That is, Pantera as Phil Anselmo, Rex Brown, Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. Also rumored is that Pantera is still bound to Elektra for two more records, which usually means you can count on another live album, and a greatest hits. But who knows ? time will tell. It has yet to be confirmed.
What CAN be confirmed at this time is the recent interview that guitarist Dimebag Darrell did with Guitar World Magazine (March Issue):

?What's up with PANTERA? I'd like to know myself. I thought Pantera would be the Rolling Stones of heavy metal, but PHIL and REX seem content with doin' their own stuff.

?It's really weird, but this is the clear-headed, honest truth: they've up and left us hangin' and won't let us know their intentions or future plans. For the last 20 years, my brother VINNIE and I have put our heart and soul into Pantera and we never thought this situation would ever happen to us. By now I thought for sure we would've done another record, but they don't seem to care how it affects Vinnie and I, or the road crew or, most of all, all the Pantera fans that have been so fuckin' awesomely great to us for so long. We've made several attempts to talk to those guys and they keep putting us off. This is not a situation we've created--it's a situation we've been forced into.

?Bottom line, for Vinnie and me it's all about the music, kickin' ass and havin' a good time. So we've got together with some of our close buds and formed a new band called NEW FOUND POWER. The record is almost done and will be out soon. We've put 110 percent into it, just like we always do, so I guarantee you won't be let down.?
-Dimebag Darrell

Word has it that the vocalist is Patrick Lachman, guitarist for Diesel Machine, ex-Halford, and filling bass duties will be ex-Jerry Cantrell guitarist Shawn Matthews.

We?ll give you all the confirmed info as it comes in.

Im a very large fan of Pantera, I think Dimebag is ONE OF THE BEST guitarists around, all of their albums are very cool, even RTS is a good album, produced abit differantly but great. :headbang: :headbang:

Nick