anyone else listening to the new Ion Dissonance CD?

cobrahead1030

Nov 16, 2005
just picked it up yesterday, and heard it all the way thru about 4 times now...i'm really digging this album!

not only is the music really cool, but the production is killer IMO...especially the drum sound, it's damn near perfect to my ears

you can hear some stuff here, but obviously the mp3's don't sound quite as good:
http://www.myspace.com/iondissonance

It's a very big production sound but IMO the music is abysmal as with all hardcore genres. I find myself torn between listening to it to gain production pointers and turning it off because I can't stand the content. I actually find it easier to listen to Nickelback.

But aside from that, yes, the production is fantastic, and fantastically suited to the material. Once the initial novelty of hearing it wore off though, I went back to Andy's mixes and realized the ID album didn't sound quite as good as I'd initially thought.

It's a very big production sound but IMO the music is abysmal as with all hardcore genres. I find myself torn between listening to it to gain production pointers and turning it off because I can't stand the content. I actually find it easier to listen to Nickelback.

But aside from that, yes, the production is fantastic, and fantastically suited to the material. Once the initial novelty of hearing it wore off though, I went back to Andy's mixes and realized the ID album didn't sound quite as good as I'd initially thought.

damn, i did a search but didn't find that...thanks

the drums just sound so natural, but menacing at the same time, i love how the overheads sit in the mix...i may have to check out some of the other albums that guy has produced