Anyone else love recent Ulver?

Kozmos

Omniscient
Jul 1, 2002
London, England
www.solacedenied.com
...i'm talking '...Marriage of Heaven and Hell' and thereafter.

there really is nothing that creates anything like that atmosphere on Perdition City. one perfect album IMO.

reason i mention it is i'm listening to this new movie sound track thinggy (Lyckantropen Themes). just can't put my finger on what it is that this recent stuff does for me. at times extremely challenging at others utterly serene.

I agree that Themes is an amazing album. I admit I haven't heard any of the albums after it but have heard the mp3 from the latest album/soundtrack. I was pretty impressed with it but definitely need to hear more.

Yeah Perdition City is electronic music. I spose your either into it or not. Having already been exposed to huge amounts of drum and bass etc... I find my self loving it.

Onlu just got into Ulver, I got Bergtatt and Perdition City...Bergtatt is ok, pretty shoddy production and the music is a bit random, but its not bad.

Not fully into it though.

I love Perdition City; it’s an electronic music that maintains your attention with actual change, something I don't find in much of the electronic music I come across.

Yeah, I recently started listening to some Ulver mp3s and 'Perdition City' is near the top of my must get list. Damn moody music, almost like a non sci fi Bladerunner soundtrack.

'Metamorphosis' is cool when I am in the right mood and I will get that too when I have the money.

I haven't heard the 'Themes...' album, but definitely interested in sampling a few tracks. Any recommendations?

Originally posted by IcemanJ256
yes I just got into ulver. I want perdition city. very very badly.

heh, since this post, i've got perdition city and Themes. some thoughts on 3 listens from each: Themes is very odd, in a good way.. very interesting and unique. Perdition is awesome, it seems to give me images of big modern citys at night and stuff, but thats probably because thers pictures of it inside. i really love it so far more than themes, both cds will probably get much playtime in the future.

I don't know. im kinda confised on what ulver releases came before or after the other, and if they are black metal, acoustic, or electronic, and if they are EPs or not.

do they have any other full albums (not eps) that are considered electronic? oh yeah, probably the new one, Lykanthopenenapapalabala. How's that? (im not talking to just you bumble)

Hmm...I can't really say do I find older or newer Ulver better, I like them both...I was a bit confused when I heard Perdition City first time but now I absolutely love it.

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
what the hell is "The Marriage Of Heaven & Hell"? what album is it before/after? I'm the confuse...

Came after Nattens Madrigal, and before Perdition

order goes:
Bergtatt
Kveldssanger
Nattens Madrigal
Themes
Metamorphosis
Perdition City
Silence Teaches You How to Sing
Silencing the Singing
Lykantropen Themes

I didn't know about Lyknatropen being a soundtrack or something?