nattens madrigal may very well be the best ulver album

don't get me wrong, every. single. ulver. album. is godly. you have the melancholy, beautiful extremes of bergtatt, the somber reflections of kveldssanger, the total mindfuck brilliance of themes, the artful introspection of perdition city and the quiet alien soundscapes of the e.p.'s and lyckantropen themes. but for some reason... i can't explain it. some people say it took over 10 listens to finally stomach nattens. i loved it on first listen. and after this, only my second experience with the album, i love it even more. it's beautiful, eerie and extreme. it is, for all intents and purposes, the perfect black metal album. maybe the most perfect extreme metal album of all time. discuss.

One can definitely make a case for it, as it is indeed an incredible album.

Bergtatt and Perdition City fight for #1 in my mind though.

I think I'm the only one. It only happens in the Quick Reply poops, but it is frequent. And that gray on gray is so easy on the eyes...

Shift
+
Enter
is
teh r0xx

Perdition City will always be my favorite Ulver album, at least until the next one is released and because the Silence EPs (which I love to death) aren't full length. Of the earlier works, I prefer Bergtatt, though Kveldssanger is one of the all-time great moonlit forest albums.