Question to all the Ulver fans - what are you thinking?

Ulver = mystic people in mystic forests
Metallica = whining people in Dr.Phil's office

Now who wins?

Seriously, I'm a HUGE Ulver fan, but these bands have both done a big part on their scenes and as the scenes are different, it's just a matter of taste what you prefer. Metallica was also really good, no question about it.

ulver3.jpg

Ulver are dreamboats, thats for sure.

You know, now that I see this thread again ("Question to all Ulver fans - what are you thinking?"), I'd like to dish out a gentlemanly FU to JayKeeley. People don't agree with your choice, so it's absolutely INCOMPREHENSIBLE, huh? WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?

Gay and lying.

Second thought: Actually, I sound like an asshole. This tournament is making everyone gay. As long as it comes down to Sabbath v. Maiden, I couldn't give two shits who wins the first 4 rounds.

Dick Sirloin said:
You know, now that I see this thread again ("Question to all Ulver fans - what are you thinking?"), I'd like to dish out a gentlemanly FU to JayKeeley. People don't agree with your choice, so it's absolutely INCOMPREHENSIBLE, huh? WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?

Gay and lying.

Do me a favoUr and actually read my post. You've got hung up on the title.

If I can cite 4 Metallica albums that generally beat [hands down] most other albums from similar genre/timeframe/style/whatever, then at least I've offered a reference point.

Right now, all I'm seeing is a big circle jerk over "Bergtatt" and "Nattens", and maybe the odd EP. Even I can't deny the fucken genius of Ulver, but I'm trying to see their reference point. WHY HAVE ULVER SET THE BENCHMARK?

So again, what are you thinking? Explain to me, with some reasoning, why Ulver would beat Agalloch, Swans, Darkthrone, Empyrium, and Portishead?

Even opinions have to be supported with logic, and you haven't presented any. That's all I'm asking for, is some reference point as to where and why ULVER DESTORY THEIR CONTEMPORARIES.

Seriously, because I'll go pull all my Ulver off the shelf and attempt to see where your argument resides. Think of it as a recommendation post/thread.

My 2 off-topic 2 cents : Today I realized that Swans > many things

JayKeeley said:
So again, what are you thinking? Explain to me, with some reasoning, why Ulver would beat Agalloch, Swans, Darkthrone, Empyrium, and Portishead?

It goes something like this: BECAUSE HE LIKES THEM MORE. That is an extremely oversimplified explanation, but most people don't feel like they have to justify their individual frameworks and understandings of what constitutes good music.