The final RC album recommendation list - what are you missing?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
(Thanks Claws of Perdition for the tally).

These 13 albums define the RC "must have" list:

Agalloch - Pale Folklore 14
Bathory - Hammerheart 10
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss 12
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the wolves 5
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora 17
Empyrium - (tied) Songs of Moors and Misty Fields, Weiland 6
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi 8
Hammers of Misfortune - the august engine 7
Moonsorrow - verisäkeet 7
Opeth - Morningrise 6
Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame 7
Ulver - Bergtatt 12
Negura Bunget - n crugu bradului 11

That is the definitive & most unanimous list based on several rounds of voting.

The only one I don't own here is "Unchain the Wolves". Guess I should check it out!

wtf Morningrise!?!?! :yuk:

ones i have, and my ratings for them:
Agalloch - Pale Folklore 8/10
Bathory - Hammerheart 8/10
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss 8/10
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora 9/10
Empyrium - (tied) Songs of Moors and Misty Fields 9/10, Weiland 9/10
Opeth - Morningrise 4/10
Negura Bunget - n crugu bradului 8/10
Ulver - Bergtatt 10/10
Hammers of Misfortune - the august engine 10/10

i don't have these:

Destroyer 666 - Unchain the wolves
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi (heard it, was very bored)
Moonsorrow - verisäkeet
Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame (have a CD-R somewhere)

D666 are pretty alright but not my thing. never heard any Moonsorrow.

okay i think i should get that D666 album just because the dude calls himself K.K. Warslut.

got everything except Hammers, and THe Bastard made me never want to hear anything associated with those guys.

wait, isn't someone in GWAR related to Hammers or something? oh well GWAR>>>>>>>Hammers :D

Sexy Little Otter said:
okay i think i should get that D666 album just because the dude calls himself K.K. Warslut.
MajestikMøøse said:
Amazing. I have all of those except for Unchain the Wolves.
Therefore, it is inexcusable for me to not go get it.

Damn straight both of you should get that album, im sure Decadent will back me up on this one too.

I don't have

Bathory - Hammerheart 10
Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame 7

Been planning on getting D666 though. I've only heard TGW from Primordial and thought it was good, just wasn't as impressed as most. I'm not even sure if I've heard anything from Hammers of Misfortune. As for Bathory, I'm currently okay with just listening to their clones.

J. said:
got everything except Hammers, and THe Bastard made me never want to hear anything associated with those guys.

You need to forget about The Bastard for now and take yerself a good listen to The August Engine. So fucking good. I hated The Bastard for quite some time, but I still warmed up to TAE within a few spins (over the course of a few months and some prodding from JayKeeley). It was SO FUCKBCHCBBCBCBEBAFHING worth it!

The thing is that I've heard Unchain the Wolves once and it didn't really click with me... but I wasn't really pay too much attention to it. I think I should give it another go.

Demilich said:
You need to forget about The Bastard for now and take yerself a good listen to The August Engine. So fucking good. I hated The Bastard for quite some time, but I still warmed up to TAE within a few spins (over the course of a few months and some prodding from JayKeeley). It was SO FUCKBCHCBBCBCBEBAFHING worth it!

J. doesn;t appreicate actual singing. He would much rather listen to some dude who sounds like he has a red-hot poker being shoved up his ass. :loco:

The Bastard is pretty cool, but took me awhile to really like it.

The August Engine is a work of absolute perfection, and is a completely different animal.

Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss 12
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora 17
Empyrium - (tied) Songs of Moors and Misty Fields, Weiland 6

I don't have those 5, and I definitely won't ever have the Empyrium albums. They just don't do anything for me. Then again, I have very different tastes from most of you. :cool:

My "essential" list would look radically different. In fact, about the only ones I might include would be Moonsorrow, Ulver, Bathory & Enslaved. But hey, that's just me. :p

i hope none of you 3 are talking about Hammers of Misfortune. :dopey:

seriously, i don't care what kind of music you like or dislike, the album is THAT good that i can't fathom anyone not enjoying it. seriously. it's mostly associated with trad. metal, and i don't even like trad. metal so there goes that theory.