Royal Carnage recommends...

Pretty good list, a couple I probably wouldn't have added.

My ratings are pretty much the same as Erik's, except for the albums I haven't heard well enough (Unchain the wolves, Songs of Moors and Misty Fields, Weiland, the august engine, verisäkeet and Spirit the Earth Aflame)

JayKeeley said:
Zod reminded me that we were going to stick this...

EDIT:

For the passerby: these BANDS were shortlisted in previous polls after receiving 15 votes (or more) by RC regulars. The ALBUMS listed are simply those that got the most number of votes for the corresponding aforementioned artists.

Agalloch - Pale Folklore
Bathory - Hammerheart
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the wolves
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Empyrium - (tied) Songs of Moors and Misty Fields, Weiland
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Hammers of Misfortune - the august engine
Moonsorrow - verisäkeet
Opeth - Morningrise
Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame
Ulver - Bergtatt
Negura Bunget - n crugu bradului

metal started in the 90s

Ellestin said:
No but we're talking RC classics, i.e. confidential tips from a bunch of smartasses. No point at all listing "Reign in Blood" or "Powerslave" in this list.

yes, the RC recommends list already assumes that you know those 80's discs are classics ... the list is about RC "classics"

the list is life [/Schindler]

the only album i have on this list is morningrise. hahaha
i needs to get me the rest.
morningrise is great though. i dont get the slamage but meh, whatever you likes is fine by me.

I think COLLECTIVELY we are saying that these are all must have albums (outside of the "usual suspects") so anybody dismissing a particular band/album is in the minority (FWIW).

If you don't own or haven't heard anything on this list, you can pretty much assume it's a safe bet for a blind buy.

It goes without saying that "Powerslave", "Mindcrime", "Ride the Lightning" etc are essentials.

Perhaps this list is more representative of bands from recent years (the 90's decade?), and I'm sure in the year 2015 we'll have a pretty good idea of which winners came through in the '00s.

I own about half of the albums on that list. I found out about two of them from this board, actually.

btw that Destroyer 666 is fucking unruly.

I probably would have added a Today is the Day release.

joselito said:
Today is the Day

for some reason I seem to recall mostly everyone hating them around here

maybe I'm mistaken, but that thought always sticks with me, so I never bring up their unruliness

Lur said:
Sadness Will Prevail kicks ass.
Sadness Will Prevail is FLAWLESS VICTORY. I think I've only made it through the entire album in it's entirety a handful of times though.

You clowns are going to fuck up the stickied thread.

It's not a discussion thread, unless it's about those fucking albums, since you fucknuts are the ones who fucking voted on them!

*punches everyone in the face*

omg an RC thread that went off topic!??! surely you jest. :Smug:

can i talk about how much i can't stand Morningrise then? oh wait i'm not allowed to do that either.

1-star.

Lur said:
omg an RC thread that went off topic!??! surely you jest. :Smug:

can i talk about how much i can't stand Morningrise then? oh wait i'm not allowed to do that either.

1-star.

sticky_thread.jpg