RC Must Have List

MadeInNewJersey said:
I would prefer well-played completely unoriginal music over avant-garde for the sake of being avant-garde 10 times out of 10. Just sayin'
i want to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing...but i agree

dorian gray said:
i want to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing...but i agree
hahaha. but i don't listen to avant garde just for avant garde. it has to be good avant garde for me to enjoy it, otherwise the band won't make it past "i appreciate them trying something new/different/gay/notgay/etc. but i still think they suck." i can't think of a good example right now, i'm full of meatloaf.

@Ellestin, totally understand. *raises mug*

I've heard numerous Meshuggah albums (it's true), and while they may be original and the evolution of metal, it still does not change the fact that their music simply sucks the shit from dirty diapers. They suck. Period.

I just don't care if something is hard to play or if they require 12 chord guitars with five drummers. I don't appreciate difficulty, I appreciate quality.

And ALL of the Meshuggah albums I've heard (everything up to and including Nothing) did sound the same (the only one with a notable difference was the debut). And nothing I heard really set them apart from other similar bands. I mean really, who cares if you can play on different beats or patterns or whatever. Doesn't mean shit if the music is terrible.

In fact, I believe the band made up this gimmick to fool the retard pseudo avant gardists into thinking they were listening to something different. :tickled: