RC Must Have List

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
For the passerby: these BANDS were shortlisted in previous polls after receiving 15 votes (or more) by RC regulars. The ALBUMS listed are simply those that got the most number of votes for the corresponding aforementioned artists.

Agalloch - Pale Folklore
Bathory - Hammerheart
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the wolves
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Empyrium - (tied) Songs of Moors and Misty Fields, Weiland
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Hammers of Misfortune - the august engine
Moonsorrow - verisäkeet
Opeth - Morningrise
Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame
Ulver - Bergtatt
Negura Bunget - n crugu bradului

Usual suspects such as Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Queensryche, Black Sabbath, early Metallica, etc were not included in the polls. Those are just assumed milestone accomplishments at this point in the history of metal.

Almost a year gone by now....still a great list.

I listened to Autumn Aurora just yesterday morning, train ride into work, sun shining through the orange haze of trees passing by....perfect soundtrack.

Well i've listened to "Vikingligr Veldi" and "Frost" .. and didn't find anything special. Maybe i should try other albums but i'm busy right now listening to better bands :)

hey, i have most of those...and the ones i don't have, all of them except empyrium i have at least one other album by the same band. i need some empyrium.

I own seven. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss needs a few more listens before I decide whether or not I should buy it. I need to spend some time with Vikingligr Veldi as well as "N Crugu Bradului.

Zod

For the passerby: these BANDS were shortlisted in previous polls after receiving 15 votes (or more) by RC regulars. The ALBUMS listed are simply those that got the most number of votes for the corresponding aforementioned artists.

Agalloch - Pale Folklore
Bathory - Hammerheart
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the wolves
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Empyrium - (tied) Songs of Moors and Misty Fields, Weiland
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Hammers of Misfortune - the august engine
Moonsorrow - verisäkeet
Opeth - Morningrise
Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame
Ulver - Bergtatt
Negura Bunget - n crugu bradului

Usual suspects such as Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Queensryche, Black Sabbath, early Metallica, etc were not included in the polls. Those are just assumed milestone accomplishments at this point in the history of metal.

This list rules JK!