RC Must Have List

MadeInNewJersey said:
No one deletes posts around here! Especially our good-for-nothing moderator ;)

I was just pointing it out to you, so you knew what the list was and where it came from. I for one am ALWAYS open to more recommendations. :D

You just wait until I tell them who you are. Ha ha ha

Alright cool. The other forums (FMP, WARLUST) delete threads, posts, etc.

I thought the list was kind of weird and mostly all the picks are releases that are really not that old.

regimental said:
Alright cool. The other forums (FMP, WARLUST) delete threads, posts, etc.

I thought the list was kind of weird and mostaly all the pics are releases that are really not that old.

If you only knew how funny that last comment was...

There was a whole big debate/argument about that. The thinking behind the list was that people would already know the "obvious" stuff, and that these 13 albums represented the "highest recommendation" from the collective Royal Carnage forum.

MadeInNewJersey said:
If you only knew how funny that last comment was...

There was a whole big debate/argument about that. The thinking behind the list was that people would already know the "obvious" stuff, and that these 13 albums represented the "highest recommendation" from the collective Royal Carnage forum.

Everything makes perfect sense now. Thanks!

Meshuggah are pretty much the best metal band in existence right now. not necessarily my favorite, but the best because in a genre of 99% recycled trash, they are forging ahead. good for them.

finger.jpg

actually it's sort of funny, i only really find Meshuggah fans outside of the metal community. i'm sure they're perfectly happy with that, they don't even listen to metal.

seriously though, i hate stagnancy in art, ya'll can have yer clones.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Duuuur, let's use 8 bass strings when 4 will do.

Duuuur.

:loco: :lol:
yes because you know bass better than me. :dopey: actually they don't really have bass anymore, it's pretty much 2 guitars.
Ellestin said:
Seriously that doesn't mean shit. Anyhow, Meshuggah have been arguably "stagnant" for a while.
man, no way. 'I' is so far beyond what they've done before it's just.... jesus. that album is staggeringly good. beyond comprehension at times. Catch 33 is really good too, but not quite like that.

why does the topic of Meshuggah always cause arguments?!?!?! :lol:

oh, and i didn't address the "that doesn't mean shit" comment.

for me, it means EVERYTHING. i've explained this before and few people get it, so i'll just make it brief, have everyone roll their eyes at me (except Nate), and move on. i don't listen to music to hear the same old bullshit all the time. i still listen to my Megadeth albums i've had for 15 years but i certainly don't listen to new bands raping the same thing in tne present. art needs to evolve. it is a living breathing thing and without progress, it might as well die. again, ya'll can have yer clones.

I should expect anyone on this forum to have had this "debate" with themselves long ago. So while I understand your point of view, and do appreciate more than few people who contributed to the breaking of boundaries (and some still do), I think it's important to perpetuate the know-how and spirit inhabiting certain artistic areas of the past. That doesn't necessarily mean cloning or plagiarizing. Think for instance Arvo Pärt who creates some of the most gorgeous new music from what? Formulas and patterns he strictly adapted from ancient music. But it all comes down to individual perception of course - where you see 10 Bathory-copycats I might see 10 bands with approaches and sounds different enough so that I wouldn't mistake one for the other.