Royal Carnage recommends...

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Zod reminded me that we were going to stick this...

EDIT:

For the passerby: these BANDS were shortlisted in previous polls after receiving 15 votes (or more) by RC regulars. The ALBUMS listed are simply those that got the most number of votes for the corresponding aforementioned artists.

Agalloch - Pale Folklore
Bathory - Hammerheart
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the wolves
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Empyrium - (tied) Songs of Moors and Misty Fields, Weiland
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Hammers of Misfortune - the august engine
Moonsorrow - verisäkeet
Opeth - Morningrise
Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame
Ulver - Bergtatt
Negura Bunget - n crugu bradului

i just downloaded Unchain the Wolves, we'll see how that goes.

Primordial i'll listen to eventually, but they ain't exactly ace to me so i'm not expecting much.

Enslaved prog's period = UNRULY but their early days i'm not too keen on. am slowly working my way through their catalogue though, so i'll give Viking Vikingry another go eventually.

The Mantle >>> Pale Folklore

Burzum = great first track, the rest sorta meh.

wtf is Moonsorrow besides crying during the harvest.

Morningrise sux.

the others are pretty brilliant.

Dark One said:
yes because spelling sucks with an X doesn't indicate sarcasm or anything. it was my first Opeth album and i always thought "this has a lot of potential" then when every other album from them turned out to realize said potential, i said "well there you go" and it happily remains part of my collection.

which reminds me, i gave Orchid a serious listen last week. that album totally smokes.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I love Opeth, own all of their stuff and have listened to it A LOT. I don't know, but Morningrise just cannot keep my interest... at all.

Erik said:
rating_3.gif
Bathory - Hammerheart
rating_5.gif
Opeth - Morningrise

Fixed.

This thread should've been closed from the word go so none of the albums, Bathory/Opeth, etc. get continuously slammed or praised from the same people over and over and over again.

It should simply be a reference. Period.

Erik said:
[refrains from YO MOMMA joke]

hey wtf you ninj'd
LOLZ
Dark One said:
I'm sick and tired of you guys ganging up and bullying the opinion on this album.
what is this "bullying the opinion" crap? obviously the majority opinion around here is that Morningrise is a great album HENCE IT BEING IN THIS RC RECOMMENDS THREAD and all. i made a comment on the other albums, so i'm going to make a comment on Morningrise which, quite frankly, i think is pretty lousy.

Lur said:
LOLZ what is this "bullying the opinion" crap? obviously the majority opinion around here is that Morningrise is a great album HENCE IT BEING IN THIS RC RECOMMENDS THREAD and all. i made a comment on the other albums, so i'm going to make a comment on Morningrise which, quite frankly, i think is pretty lousy.

Again, I just think putting up all these opinions, which are the same ones over and over again from the same people is just redundant and devalues what was accomplished.

well alright, i see what you mean. i disagree though, i figured this was designed for discussion, being on an internet forum and all. :loco:

Morningrise breakdown:

The Night and the Silent Water, last 10 min of Black Rose Immortal, To Bid you Farewell and half an hour of obnoxiously cool bass riffs, filler, and at times laughable lyrics. Worst Opeth album? hmmm...

Dark One said:
Again, I just think putting up all these opinions, which are the same ones over and over again from the same people is just redundant and devalues what was accomplished.
Just blow it off. There are certain themes on this board that are bound to repeat themselves, because certain artists are discussed frequently. Besides, the three of four folks on this forum that slag Opeth, can't possibly make up for the gazillion fan boys over in the Opeth forum. Now there's a group of folks smoking some serious crack. You know I'm a huge Opeth fan (own all thier CDs, seen them live half a dozen times), but anyone who thinks "Ghost Reveries" is the album of the year, is viewing that disc with rose colored glasses.

For anyone who may be new here, who may some day read this thread, you should listen to ALL of these CDs and draw your own conclusions.

Zod

Zod is generally the voice of reason 'round these parts. especially when discussing redheads. :headbang: