Small (Royal Carnage) Haul

you people need to listen to me more often. Hades rules. I've only been saying it for months and months and months. ;)

I have their debut and like it quite a bit. Never thought about getting any more of theirs though.

The Dawn of the Dying Sun is brilliant stuff. Harsh black metal vocals over Bathroy like viking tunes. I can see where the Immortal comparison comes in.

...Again SHall Be is also good stuff, though not as good as TDotDS, in my opinion.

There's really no reason the get the Alone Walkyng EP, since two of those songs are on Again Shall Be and one is on TDotDS.

Dark One's thread about "Gods to the Godless" made me curious about when I began to get into Primordial.

Drudkh "Autumn Aurora"
Empyrium "Songs of Moors and Misty Fields"
Primordial "Spirit the Earth Aflame"
Hades "The Dawn of the Dying Sun"
Decapitated "Nihility"

Not a bad haul.

Zod

This made me bring out dawn of the dying sun to give it another shot here before work and I might try kronet til konge after work if I still feel like OH YEAH ALBUMS I RARELY LISTEN TO TYME RAWK!

Erik said:
WTF. I'm listening to Hades for the first time, and this fucking kicks ass. Sorath has the album but I think he considers it "just OK" or some retarded drivel like that. I read someone describing this as Immortal playing viking-era Bathory and that ain't far away, not at all. Kick fucking ass stuff.
2nded for "retarded drivel" @ fotmbm

im amazed the album isnt hailed in this forum like it should be. it's on par with falkenbach's debut, which happens to be falkenbach's best album.

J. said:
im amazed the album isnt hailed in this forum like it should be. it's on par with falkenbach's debut, which happens to be falkenbach's best album.
It was hailed enough that I bought it. Not quite sure where the recommendation came from. I know I was looking for some atmospheric BM and this was among the recommendations that I felt were strong enough for a blind buy.

Zod