The final RC album recommendation list - what are you missing?

Ellestin said:
Jay you have to reread our posts. At least Snow & I didn't write "no intention to check" but "no intention to get". Never mind :)

Yeah just ignore me then. :loco:

My point is still valid for anyone who isn't willing to listen to something before they dismiss it. Those people = cunts. :)

JayKeeley said:
I guess I'm talking more about Snow2Fall, Ellestin, Rensei, and Thanaptosis123: "I've only heard 3 of them and have no intention to check out the rest" sort of thing. Just odd considering the amount of time spent on this forum discussing music.

Huh? Of the only 4 I don't own, I've already heard two and am planning on getting 1 of those. I just haven't gotten around to that Primordial album yet though I've heard one of theirs. And I did listen to that Hammers track that Nad posted, despite my dislike of trad metal.

Thanatopsis123 said:
And I did listen to that Hammers track that Nad posted, despite my dislike of trad metal.

It's trad metal? Anyway, I think it's the whole "Fine, I'll listen to it then *prepares to hate it*" sort of short sightedness....

....I think my point is pretty clear, ugh....should I write a friggin' thesis? Anyone else not getting the jist? :loco:

JayKeeley said:
Regarding Empyrium, I'd be surprised if you didn't like "Songs of Moors...". Their last two, yeah, I can tell you with ease to avoid them like the plague.

To be honest, the only album I heard was "Where At Night..." and didn't much care for it. I haven't given any others a chance b/c of that. So you suggest checking out "Songs of Moors...?"

JayKeeley said:
Drudkh's "Autumn Aurora" may not actually be your cup of tea. It's influenced somewhat by Burzum and early Ulver, perhaps a tad of Summoning. I dunno....check samples first!

That sounds RIGHT up my alley. Or err, close to it. ;)

I've loved early Ulver and most Summoning (I was the first person here to love them & talk about them!), I'm just not sure about Burzum, but still, I really want to check out Drudkh.

markgugs said:
To be honest, the only album I heard was "Where At Night..." and didn't much care for it. I haven't given any others a chance b/c of that. So you suggest checking out "Songs of Moors...?"

Yes yes yes! And "The August Engine", my god you (of all people) will blow your wad over that.

That sounds RIGHT up my alley. Or err, close to it. ;)

I've loved early Ulver and most Summoning (I was the first person here to love them & talk about them!), I'm just not sure about Burzum, but still, I really want to check out Drudkh.

Well, "Autumn Aurora" is the one to start with. The debut is much more repetitive (Burzum-esque) so avoid that one -- I only say this because of your 'lukewarm' opinion of Filosofem. And their latest is the least accessible and I know you don't have the luxury of spending 6 months with something before it clicks.

THe August Engine is still better on every listen for me and Ive had it for a while now. The more I think about it, this is one of my ABSOLUTE favourite albums, maybe. It gives me a feeling unequaled by anything since my Opeth fanboy days. It has this great energy, power, and spellbinding awesome storytelling... damn, it's great! trad metal? no, no it isn't.

I got em all except the new Moonsorrow (which I need to hear) and D666 (whom I'm not terribly interested in).

General Zod said:
Wasn't this list going to be posted as a sticky?

Zod

Excellent idea, GZ. I'll take the list out and put it in a new thread, just cos this one's on 3 pages already.

markgugs said:
Ali, you'll be happy to know that I just ordered The August Engine (from CM distro of all places)

"Welcome to the party, pal!" -- John McClane

Demilich said:
THe August Engine is still better on every listen for me and Ive had it for a while now. The more I think about it, this is one of my ABSOLUTE favourite albums, maybe. It gives me a feeling unequaled by anything since my Opeth fanboy days. It has this great energy, power, and spellbinding awesome storytelling... damn, it's great! trad metal? no, no it isn't.

Q4T.