Anyone else think Steve's recent stuff has been hit and miss

Yeah, cheers man! I remember listening to Wolfsbanes debut in my pals house and I said "The musics good but the singer is fucking shite."
Imagine my joy when he got into Maiden!! o_O
But like you say, it wasn't ALL his fault.

Reactions: Black Dragon
TakinTheMusicBack said:
Have you heard Bruce's solo albums? I suggest you go out and buy "Scream For Me Brazil" so you can see how much creativity Bruce and Adrian have.
As for you preferring the newer stuff to Killers - that's your opinion and I can respect that, but I think you'll be in the vast minority there. Killers is a classic, nothing Maiden have done since 7th son could be called that.

Actually I think Killers is an extremely weak album - one of their worst.

I have listened to Bruce's solo stuff - can't get into. There are very few songs that I would say I really like.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
The Jan thing was a joke. o_OBruce wanted to do an acoustic album after Powerslave, not Piece. If there was a totally acoustic Maiden album I'd praise them for their creativity - just like Opeth with Damnation.
I don't have a problem with Maiden changing from The Trooper, NPFTD was simply a bad album compared to their other stuff, as was FoTD, X Factor and Virtual X1.

Lighten up people and stop acting like Metallica sheep who cant hear a bad word said against their favourite band. I love Maiden, but I don't like some songs - especially Steve's latest Celtic stuff. Okay?

I admit it's not totally his fault cos before Bruce and H came back he was the only real songwriter so obviously he would come up with some stuff not as good as NotB or Trooper.

Only real song writer? Stop talking out of your ass. Jan has written some fantastic stuff in Maiden. And listen to Blaze's solo stuff since he left Maiden - great songs. X-factor was a very strong album also in my opinion, the only reason alot of fans don't like it is because they couldn't get over Bruce not being the singer.

I really cant see how someone can say that Steve's writing is shite...
And in my opinion The Clansman is one of the best Maiden songs, and its fucking great live!

Reactions: Rainking
Who gave me the bad rep in this thread? Two of the fuckers? Can't understand the fact that people have different fucking opinions eh? I have an idea of who it was but why can't you put your names if you give bad rep you dicks?

Reactions: TheHandOfOne
I think its pretty shitty givin someone negative rep for an opinion, ok if someone goes over the line, but not just for stating an opinion.
I got good rep for my liking Childhoods End post though, which is completely ok :p

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I personally dont like all the Celtic sounding stuff he's been writing like Blood Brothers and The Clansman. You know, the slow soft intro with the Celtic sounding folky guitar lines. "Childhood's End" on FotD is just fucking horrible. I'm really dreading hearing more of this shite on the new album.
After hearing recently Bruce's solo stuff, and comparing it to Steve's recent stuff I have to say - Thank fuck Bruce and Adrian are back!

"Childhoods End" is really great!!
"The Clansman" and "Blood Borthers" are aceptable
but... what do you think of The Nomad??? its one of my least favorites of Brave New World :erk:

Reactions: Stormwatch
I AGREE.

Except for The X Factor (which fucking owns :kickass: ), he's only been involved in writing 20 or so good songs in all of the albums from No Prayer on. The good ones, of course, are fucking brilliant, but I suppose you can't be "hit or miss" without some hits.