Donington

Oh my god. i would never have thought to find a post on here that would mention SF. I almost killed the gate people when they were taking so long to let us in and I nearly missed Brain.
PS you can log on to the Shadows fall forum and chat there. How did you get into power metal from liking SF?

Nadia said:
Oh my god. i would never have thought to find a post on here that would mention SF. I almost killed the gate people when they were taking so long to let us in and I nearly missed Brain.
PS you can log on to the Shadows fall forum and chat there. How did you get into power metal from liking SF?

You know - You can like more than one style of metal .

I'm not a Shadows Fall fan but they did a good job when I saw them supporting Children Of Bodom earlier in the year.

:erk: sorry, did not mean to step on toes, just was not expecting anyone to know or have heard of SF .... no one else in my house hold knew who they were, they are all great people when you get to know them .... anyway, I am new to Power Metal ... got any suggestions ... only know Power Quest, but looking foward to seeing them at Bloodstock ... :p

Nadia said:
:erk: sorry, did not mean to step on toes, just was not expecting anyone to know or have heard of SF .... no one else in my house hold knew who they were, they are all great people when you get to know them .... anyway, I am new to Power Metal ... got any suggestions ... only know Power Quest, but looking foward to seeing them at Bloodstock ... :p

Don't worry - You're not stepping on anyone's toes. There's nothing wrong with Shadows Fall at all. They're a good band. I also welcome you to this board.

If you're going to Bloodstock then for the Power Metal apart from Power Quest I recommend: Mercury Rain, Dragonforce, Masterplan, Hammerfall & Nightwish.

I actually think that Masterplan will be the best band on at Bloodstock.

For no thrills old School Metal then I also reccomend you check out Blaze and Saxon.

Power Metal can cover a broad spectrum of styles and has many sub genres. It ranges from Heavy Extreme bands such as: Children Of Bodom (Some also class these as death), Nevermore and Iced Earth. Progressive bands: Evergrey, Jacob's Dream and Symphony X. The list is endless. The best of all of them in my opinion is Gamma Ray www.gamma-ray.com

Power metal is huge in Europe (Germany & Scandanavia). It's getting bigger in the states now that they've got a PowerProg fest. It's always been big in Japan. Sadly it's still pretty much in the underground here in the UK.

Anyway I hope you enjoy getting into this style of metal and that it brings your ears many happy hours.

Nadia said:

I heard of Shadow's Fall from a flyer at a One Minute Silence gig back in April...swear I'd heard the name before, but can't remember for the life of me. Wanted to check them out but, as y'know, Chimaira were on at the same time...I had to go buy an ice cream also! :D

I agree that DragonForce and Hammerfall are good Power Metal to check out, I also recommend Blind Guardian's A Night At The Opera and Helloween's Keeper Of The Seven Keys (part 1). I'm sure the other brothers round here will have plenty of recommendations also :)
ManOwaR sometimes get lumped into Power Metal...I don't agree with that really, but all the same they are WELL worth checking out!

Welcome aboard, bro! :wave: