anyone else think the new arch enemy is ridiculous?

:lol: that literally made me laugh out loud, why the fuck did they do that? thats terrible.

why? just for fun

by the way, the new arch enemy not as bad as doomsday was
pretty good guitar melodies, great solos, less cliches, angela's voices isn't tiresome like on the previous albums (or the songs are much better, hehe)
but that beeeeeps...

I hate Englund's vocals... seriously, that guy is not metal. Whatever happened to vicious shrieking?

He's one of my favorite prog vocalists. His vocal style really sets him apart from most of his contemporaries, and he has an extremely emotional and powerful voice. Not really very metal necessarily, but he provides a nice contrast when they play their heavier material, and he fits their ballads wonderfully (which is part of the reason why most of my favorite ballads come from Evergrey)
Killer guitarist as well. Very tasteful

Clean vox metal was around before harsh vox metal. You lose.

His vocals fit perfectly in the band because everything they do is very powerful in my opinion.

I saw them live several years ago and it was so bad I completely blanked it from my memory. Later , being told I saw Arch Enemy, I really doubted it took place!

If I hadn't seen a picture, I'd still be doubting it.

edit: hahaha and then when I saw Evergrey open for Nevermore, I proclaimed: "Hey that band wasn't so bad!", then I was told I saw them open for Arch Enemy. I DIDN'T BELIEVE IT!

Haha was this at Jaxx last year? hahaha

The Arch Enemy show was at jaxx SEVERAL years ago, 2003 I think. The only thing I remembered was seeing Hate Eternal, because they were so comical with their constant "WE'RE NOT DONE YETTTTTTTTTTTTTT" growled after each song, including the very first. It's turned into a running joke with Cara and myself!

According to my googling I also saw Black Dahlia Murder then. WHAT?! I only remember seeing them ONCE, opening for King Diamond at jaxx, with Nile, I'm pretty sure?! HUH?!

And after I mentioned to Cara following that Nevermore show what bands I saw, and mentioned Evergrey, she laughed at how Evergrey (at the AE show) apparantly had some major mid-song screw up and made fools of themselves having to start over after a moment of regrouping. I really don't remember! It should be noted I had nothing to drink that night which may have clouded my memory. I AM CONCERNED.

BUH?! SNUH?!

well if it makes you feel better, i don't remember seeing black dahlia murder at that show either! hmmm, maybe they had played by the time we got in? since they like to get the 21+ group in first, & i was only 19 lolz

and yes, evergrey fudged up at the AE show, it was quite a moment of hilarity. it makes me sad that you do not remember these happy moments! :loco: